2002 Kia Spectra

What a stinker! by Not a kia fan on 01/19/2008. Trim: 2002 Kia Spectra GS, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The glass is clear. The tires are round. When it's parked out of the neighbors' sight is perfect.
Cons: The interior is the worst. The seat fabric has split, exposing the seat frame work on both front seats. The entire passenger side seat belt latch came off! Had to put the rear view mirror back on the glass. Brakes overhauled 3 times in the last 5 years. Not that you'll need them much with the power that come from this engine. Acceleration is measured in hours with this car, not seconds. SLOOW. No manners on the road either. My old '87 Renault Alliance runs circles around this.(yes, I still drive it once in a while - 168,000 mi)
Overall review: I bought this new thinking it would be a good little run about for my wife. I got fooled. I will never consider Kia again after this.
Review ID: #521975 Is this review offensive?
Awesome Luxury Sedan by Elizabeth from Rhode Island on 11/05/2006. Trim: 2002 Kia Spectra LS, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I love the comfort of the seats and the space inside the car. The seats are so cushiony and helps for people who have body or back pain.
Cons: I wish it picked up faster.
Overall review: It an awesome car to own.
fairly reliable runabout by mosbo from centralia,wa on 03/05/2006. Trim: 2002 Kia Spectra LS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It has a lot of features for the price (pw,pm,pl,a/c,seat height adjuster,fog lights,cd player). The lights put out a very good bright even pattern on the road at night. I average 40mpg on the highway. It rides nice and hadles decently. The trunk is pretty big. The lighted window switches are cool at night. Decent stereo and bass for a cheap Korean car. It is very quiet on the highway and is good for long distance cruising.
Cons: No cruise control no abs. The paint is HORRIBLE. Bird poop eats away at it if it's only there for a day or 2.It is very easily dented, so park in the back of the parking lot. The check engine light came on 2 times. Once for a new oxygen sensor which was fine, then again for a new exhaust manafold which I havent fixed yet. Also the driver side window rattles when fully up. I wish it had keyless entry and a sunroof. It could be a little faster and could rev a little lower at 75 mph (3500 rpm)
Overall review: It's an ok car for the money and for a college student which I am. If you buy one, make sure the previous owner did all of the matinence. Buy a white or silver one which should have better paint. mine is dark green.
For those who want the most bang for their buck... by EatMyDust from Bridgeport on 02/07/2005. Trim: 2002 Kia Spectra GS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Ever since the day that I bought it, it has given me a very consistent 32+ mpg. I have driven over 20,000 miles already in the six months since owning it, and have not come across any problems whatsoever. Very comfortable to travel in, lots of storage space.
Cons: Could have a little faster acceleration...
Overall review: An excellent car for anyone who is concerned with rising gasoline prices. I would especially recommend this car to the commuter, as it has great average mpg and is very comfortable for long travels. Some say that Kias are not worth anything; in my opinion, the Kia Spectra is the best car that I have ever purchased.
Cheap, cheap , cheap wheels by A MSN Autos Consumer on 12/01/2002. Trim: 2002 Kia Spectra Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is the worst sedan ever made! It is ugly, interior materials are cheap and the performance is horrible. I would not buy it again if it only costed 1000. There are no pros.
Cons: everything
Overall review: It is the worst