2002 Land Rover Range Rover

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Secound Gen Range rover, the ultimate all around SUV by Dave - Florida on 04/08/2011. Trim: 2002 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: REVIEW FOR THE 2002 2ND Generation Range Rover HSE -Very powerful and solid feel -Elegant yet "macho" -Very sturdy -Great luxuary features -Still original range rover look, not as frufru as the later generations
Cons: -Nothing bad to say, only set back is trips to the mechanic (range rover dealer) are pricey
Overall review: A+ Great car, not hard to believe it will soon be a classic - Great handling and versatility - Great towing capacity -Perfect for family or bachelor life style -Never own a better SUV, and I have had the Yukon XL, Cadillac Escalade, and Hummer H1 -Perfect gentleman car, also good for mothers with kids. -
Most capable 4X4 bar none. by Ricky on 11/07/2007. Trim: 2002 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This truck has not let me down in the 4 years I've owned it. Engine, Gearbox and Front and Rear Differential are bullet proof. I did a little tweaking and I'm getting 16 city and 20 hwy. This RR is truly built for the off road 1st and on road 2nd. AWD and locking hubs have gotten me out of trouble more then a few times. An all aluminum push rod motor that is begging to be driven. And an EAS ride that is smoother then some Caddy's that I've owned.
Cons: Like all Brit cars the electronic gizmo's are the first to go.
Overall review: I would rather push a Rover then drive a Jeep! Only Truck that I've owned that makes me excited when I turn the key. If you only take a 4X4 to the super market or the gym, you will never appreciate what this Rover can do. To the reviewer UGLY PIG- if you think this truck is ugly, you really need to get an Explorer, Ford makes those for whiners like you!
"The Ultimate all around go anywhere Vehile" by Rick from Winchester, virginia on 05/24/2007. Trim: 2002 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE, Owned 4 years.
Pros: This is truly the king of SUV, I have driven mine off-road an it is fanatastic. My other vehile is a Mercedes-Benz 500Sl. I am selling the my Mercedes because I never drive it anymore. My wife have a BMW X-5, it is a Ok vehile but the ride is poor: it is no where close to half the vehile of the Range Rover.
Cons: It is poor on gas mileage, but all Suv are poor on gas.
Overall review: The Range Rover is a great off-road vehile, but is a very luxruies vehile to drive in town or on a long trip. The seats are very comfortable.
The best 4x4 by far. by Poppa on 06/01/2006. Trim: 2002 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Comfortable, luxurious, has GPS (even offroad mode), adjustable suspension height. Very capable offroad, very comfortable at absorbing bumps and holes in roads. We bought it used at 35,000 miles and have had hardly any problems in the 20,000 miles of ownership. Possibly the previous owner fixed any problems? Or else we got a good one.
Cons: Gas mileage is poor, but it's a rare 4WD that gets good mileage. I see oil seepage underneath, but none collects on the floor of the garage. But oil seepage seems to be the norm with British vehicles! The only major problem we had with the car was about a month after we bought it which turned out to be the battery. The dealer took car of it; apparently the electronics on this beast require a large commercial type battery which is about $250. Hope this one lasts a long time.
Overall review: Buying used will save you a lot of money. Probably $10/yr. Range Rovers are the ultimate in luxurious four-wheeling, we were surprised that after we bought it that Ranger Rovers became the "in" thing in Hollywierd!
An overpriced nightmare by A MSN Autos Consumer on 02/07/2003. Trim: 2002 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Nothing really
Cons: Dealing with Land Rover dealerships is an awful experience. Major lemon with no assistance. So far, the gas tank door has broken, brake fluid is leaking, security system goes haywire whenever it wants to, no power regardless of what they say, very poor braking especially in bad weather!!! Worst SUV I have ever been in and very rigid interior that is extremely uncomfortable. A technological bug that keeps getting worse. Even the radio volume button has broken!!
Overall review: A joke at 70,000. This car has literally started to fall apart at the year mark. Even the upolstery on the armrests is falling apart. Leather is cheap and stiff. Sound system is grossly deteriorating with very average use. I strongly advise against this vehicle if for nothing else than the maintenance problems that we have had with Land Rover and the dealership. If you are considering this car, run for your life and your wallet.
2 3 4 5 6  Next