2002 BMW M5

2002 BMW M5 Prices
2002 BMW M5 Fuel Economy
To the "Vette owners" from earlier... by PreLudeMasta Dallas Tx on 08/05/2002. Trim: 2002 BMW M5, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything! BMW is the $#!t!
Cons: Nothing, what retard would say ANYTHING negative about this car unless it's factory defects (if any) which is understandable and would not constitute them as a 'retard'.
Overall review: What stupid redneck Vette driver would actually have the gall to get on the M5 review 'forum' and post/brag about a Vette beating the M5? Who cares!!? (Not that I'm dissing Vette's, I love them!) But like the guy posted earlier in this forum, they're not even in the same class j*rkoff! So get your redneck Vette ownin' azz out of the Bimmer section and go race some rice boys who slap mufflers and stickers on thier car and think they have a high performance racer. Ohh wait... Some of their supercharged Civic Hatchback's can smoke you? I forgot, my bad.
It's the Best of the Best. 400 Horses under the Hood by A CarPoint Consumer on 02/11/2002. Trim: 2002 BMW M5, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: EVERYTHING!!!
Cons: NOTHING!!!
Overall review: WHO THE GAVE THIS CAR A ONE?
The Ultimate Driving Machine by Mike on 01/07/2012. Trim: 2002 BMW M5, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I see it has been 5 years or so since the last review. I wish they would have kept making this version in 2004 and 2005. Anyhow, I bought one with 110,000 miles on the odometer in good to excellent condition and I think it'll go at least another 110,000 miles. I cannot say enough good things about this car. Acceleration, handling, exterior styling, interior styling and finish, standard options, quality of components...approximately perfect. I hate driving my other oar after I've bene in this one. Frankly, I think the gas mileage is good too based on the amount of power the engine generates.
Cons: If I was forced to put cons down, I would say cup holders are sub-standard but I don't mind. I wish 6th gear was a tad lower. 3,000 RPM comes around 90 MPH. I wish it came around 100 MPH. The transmission is just a tad clunky for my taste but it doesn't take long to adjust to.
Overall review: I am seriously thinking my next car will be a low mileage 2003 M5. I am hooked. Travelling anywhere was never so pleasant (as long as other cars are not blocking my path).
The best by Utah speed on 11/24/2006. Trim: 2002 BMW M5, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything already said, but yet more -- intangibles. I discover more about this car every time I drive it, and it impresses me every time. It connects me with the road so thoroughly that I have complete confidence. It is a complete and satisfying package.
Cons: Sound system mediocre, shifter mildly notchy (could be shorter throw), clutch has high engagement, 1st gear just a little too short, trunk too small.
Overall review: If you can't think of purchasing a luxury sedan with an automatic transmission, then this is the ultimate car for you.
Perfect blend of family car & performance satisfaction for Dad! by Steve from Gambrills, Maryland on 01/11/2004. Trim: 2002 BMW M5, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: As a 3 year S4 owner, I was immediately comfortable driving the M5. The acceleration and fit & feel is tremendous. The slip of the rear wheels is a bit of a change, but not difficult to adjust to. I felt that this car was a natural progression for me, given that I have 4 kids that are all approaching 6' and complain about the S4 back seats regularly. The M5 is like taking an S4, pulling another 18 inches out of it, adding a bit of punch and a lot of class to it all! I thought I was an AUDI/quattro guy for life, but the lack of upgrade with 6 spd. manaul for the audi line was a real problem for me.
Cons: It might seem a bit raw to my wife, as the engine begins to growl as the revs ramp up, but it is nothing but the symphany that I might hear with a fine crusing motorcyle -- a sweet, sweet orchestra of fine music that no BOSE can match.
Overall review: Wonderful car for a guy with a family of 4 or more ...well behaved busy highway driver, but tremendously spirited back road rally car!