2002 Toyota Highlander

the best car in history by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/03/2008. Trim: 2002 Toyota Highlander Limited V6 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: everything
Overall review: excellent
The luxury SUV without the luxury price by Susie from Indianapolis on 10/26/2002. Trim: 2002 Toyota Highlander V6 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The smooth ride and sleek styling; not boxy like most SUVs. Also the automatic AWD feature.
Cons: Haven't found anything I don't like yet.
Overall review: This is the perfect SUV for those who want the convenience of an SUV and a 4WD without the rough truck ride.
A Great Value and Performer by Craig.........Pennsylvania on 09/24/2002. Trim: 2002 Toyota Highlander Limited V6 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Overall review: I like virtually every aspect of this suv. It is an excellent balance between a traditional family car and suv. It's very quiet, handles effortlessly and accleration and braking are more than adequate. In terms of cost, it can get a little pricey with all the extra bells and whistles. However, I still believe its a competetive vaule. My only suggestions are to perhaps broaden the variety of colors. For example, a deep rich burgundy, dark blue and cream exterior colors would be nice additions. Also, adding programmable drivers side seat settings would make the Highlander the perfect vehicle for me.
A Terrific Car by Missouri Mama on 03/17/2011. Trim: 2002 Toyota Highlander 2WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I do long distance driving and the seats and back support are very comfortable.. It handles well....gets decent gas mileage. I wanted cargo space but I didn't want an SUV....the Highlander is a perfect solution..
Cons: I wish the dashboard was easier to read in the daylight.....black numerals on a dark gray background are impossible to read. The cup holder is awkward.
Overall review: My Highlander is 9 years old and I plan to keep on driving it.
Perfect-sized SUV by Lacikins from Pennsylvania on 03/17/2010. Trim: 2002 Toyota Highlander V6 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: It is a very good looking vehicle. Very roomy for passengers and cargo. This was my first Toyota and first SUV and I just love it. I wish it would run forever!! Great visability. I live in the snow belt of Western PA and never had any problems driving on snowy roads. Very comfortable on long trips and all in all is a great vehicle. I will keep my Highlander as long as I can.
Cons: The original tires on the cheap side had to replace the tires in about a year. I have had to put brakes on the car twice, at the Toyota dealership it cost a small fortune. I don't drive much and only have 45,000 miles but have had to replace oxygen sensors and had to have the exhaust welded, guess from the winter salt but I found an independent garage who did it for about $150 whereas the Toyota dealership wanted around $1,500 to replace the whole piece but they were the ones who told me to go to the other garage and I appreciate that as they could have just fixed it there and charged me a bundle so I appreciate them caring about the customer and not just making a buck.
Overall review: Great vehicle. Obviously this was before all the Toyota problems and I would buy another one if I can afford it as they are getting a bit pricey--maybe they will come down in price as I would love to be able to purchase this vehicle again.