2002 Jaguar XJ Series

2002 Jaguar XJ Series Prices
2002 Jaguar XJ Series Fuel Economy
AWESOME LIFE TIME EXPERIENCE DRIVING THE JAGUAR XJR 100! by Jaguar XJR 100 Happy Owner! on 01/24/2010. Trim: 2002 Jaguar XJ Series XJR 100, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I owned 1999 Jaguar XJR and now I own 2002 Jaguar XJR 100. I have been searching for the Jaguar XJR 100 for a long time because there are only 500 of XJR 100 in the world and out of 500, 240 were shipped to the United States. I was fortunate to spot one in VA with 58K miles. Unlike the regular XJR, the XJR 100 is equipped with 19 inch special BBS wheels, Brembo Brakes, and special interior package. The engine is very powerful 370 HP and very responsive! Because of the 19" wheels, the XJR 100 handling is much better than my 1999 Jaguar XJR. This car is perfect for a family man during his midlife crisis. It has 4 doors, so my wife and daughter can enjoy the power of supercharged V8 engine.
Cons: You already know why people are scared to buy Jaguar. The maintenance is very expensive if you go to Jaguar Dealerships. I found an online store Xautogears that sell genuine Jaguar at discounted price. I bought the parts at Xautogears and bring it to a mechanic who understand European car and man the cost of replacing the parts become much more bearable now! I also learn how to install simple parts on my Jaguar which is a lot of fun to do. Anyway, this car is very expensive to maintain. The cost of owning it is like having another baby. Since we have 1 child and my wife doesn't want another kid. This car is perfect!
Overall review: I am a very happy with my Jaguar XJR 100. If you are planning to buy one. I really recommend you to buy the Jaguar XJR if you can afford to buy one and to maintain one. Unlike a Corvette, the XJR seats are very comfortable. It is a special weekend treatment for our family. The car is simply beautiful and gorgeous, it has been featured in so many Hollywood movies so where ever we drive somewhere, people will turn their head and look. Well it is $80,000 car and it is awesome! Buy XJR 100 if you can find one and afford one. You'll love it!
Going home from a busy day at work therapy. by James, IL on 08/04/2008. Trim: 2002 Jaguar XJ Series XJR, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Styliing, its very unique. Very royal looks. Makes you feel like you too belong to the monarchy.
Cons: Very expensive to repair.
Overall review: beats most of its rivals with looks, feel, and performance , not so crazy about handling.
Pace, Space, and Grace, by DJ on 03/20/2008. Trim: 2002 Jaguar XJ Series XJ Sport, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The perfect balance of ride and handling. Good performance with decent gas milage. Very comfortable, 1000 mile days are a breeze.
Cons: Ingress and egress for front a little tight. Service is very expensive, unless DIY, parts are becoming cheaper and avalability is improving. No support for phone or navigation options.
Overall review: An overlooked gem. Must be looked after and running costs are high. But a truly great automobile.
Grace and Style by Jaglove on 10/08/2006. Trim: 2002 Jaguar XJ Series Vanden Plas, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It is a beautiful vehicle with class and elegance. The georgeous hand stitched leather hugs the contour of the body. The abundance of walnut wood finishing is comparable to being in a modern day forest.
Cons: A vehicle of this statue should come standard with a Moonroof, not just a Sunroof.
Overall review: An EXCELLENT automobile!
Inexpensive Used Luxury by Gary on 07/18/2006. Trim: 2002 Jaguar XJ Series XJ Sport, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Styling is excellent, ride fabulously flawless, roomy and classically Jag interior that is luxurious and confortable. This is Jaguar at it's best.
Cons: Resale value is extremely dissappointing, to say the least. We have about 22,000 miles and have lost two-thirds the value and there haven't been any quality issues to speak of on our car. The front cup holders could have been better thought out. I suspect the low resale is due to previous history.
Overall review: Excellent luxury motor car, but I feel like a sucker.