2002 Mazda Truck

2002 Mazda Truck Prices
2002 Mazda Truck Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
A quality, low cost day to day truck by Matt on 05/20/2006. Trim: 2002 Mazda Truck B2300 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The B2300 gets excellent gas milage. In mixed city and highway driving, I get about 25 MPG. It is very dependable and has been driven for over 66,000 miles without any problems. The exterior styling places it a step above the Ranger. The price is low for the high quality.
Cons: The 4 cyl. engine seems to thrive on high RPMs to get power. The interior is too "Ford-like".
Overall review: This truck is a good buy.
Mountain Truck by Joseph, Grass Valley, California on 01/26/2006. Trim: 2002 Mazda Truck B4000 Cab Plus 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The power of the motor.
Cons: nothing.
Overall review: Very good truck. During the big rain and snow storm in Northern Califorina (Dec 05) I was in Reno NV and on the road. All roads were flooded or closed from landslides or snow 3 ft. deep..I got through the Sierra Mountains from Lake Tahoe and on the way pulled a Toyota Tundra V8 4WD out of the snow down a hill with my Mazda B4000 4WD truck. After I pulled it out I told the driver to go ahead of me, just in case he got stuck again....
Mazda B3000 4x4 by Dave, TX on 06/24/2002. Trim: 2002 Mazda Truck B3000 Cab Plus 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like the ground clearance and driving attributes. Handles well off-road/ on-road. Same truck as Ford Ranger
Cons: Bad gas mileage, rear seats are a joke unless you are under 6 yrs old. Brakes are a little on the weak side, but OK. The B3000 lacks the power of the B4000 and can be sluggish.
Overall review: I enjoy my truck, I have already put 24k in mileage and had no troubles. I did swap out the stereo with the Ford Ranger's MP3 player. Much better and an easy install.I bought the radio off ebay for a little over $200. Good investment.
Great Little Truck by Brian from Estes Park, Colorado on 09/26/2011. Trim: 2002 Mazda Truck B4000 Cab Plus 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is a very good truck for the money. Bought used for thousands less than a Toyota or a Nissan. Great accelleration. The 4.0 liter has all the power and torque you will ever need from a small truck. Very mechanically reliable. Fairly smooth shifting 5-speed Automatic transmission. Excellent ground clearance. Good turning radius. Forgiving steering and handling. Love the speed variable rack-and -pinion. Great for off-roading. Standard limited slip differential and skid plates are wonderful. Insanely powerful in 4wd low in the dirt/sand. I've taken it through rivers, mud, sand dunes, to 1000+ mile road trips and my daily 11 mile commute; you name it, its performed well.
Cons: Jittery suspension. Its a truck, I like it that way, but its noticable on the highway. Fair fuel economy. I consitantly get between 16-18 mpg. Rather clumsy braking; you better hope you don't have to brake excessively hard in a corner... Electronic speed limiter at 93mph is frustrating at times... Especially when passing on the interstate. Accellerates hard up to 93mph, then ignition is cut. Back seats are almost unusable. My small to mid-sized passengers fight over front seat. Not usuable for a large adult. A few lights have gone out in the dash and the door switch is defective. Dome light and "Door Ajar" light wouldn't go off. Switch had to be replaced to remedy.
Overall review: Overall, its been a great truck. It looks great, engine sounds awesome with the K&N air intake I installed, and the alternator easily handles my 1000W Kenwood amp, and both of my 10" subs. (Barely enough room behind the seats for them, but it fits). Stock stereo isn't very good. But I easily upgraded the head unit, four door panel speakers, and added the subs no problem. Oversized off road tires fit nicely on stock rims and don't hinder turning radius. Overall, I have been very happy with this truck. Parts are readily available, and cheap (due to its Ford Ranger roots). I would highly recommed getting the 4.0 liter, rather than the 3.0 or the 2.3 liter. They leave something to be desired. 4WD is a necessity here in Colorado, but the dual sport seems pretty capable. I would definitely recommed this truck to anyone looking for a hard working, small to mid-size truck. I do things that should be "Full-size" truck territory, but with all the benefits of a smaller vehicle.
Mazda needs to learn how to built a "REAL" pick up truck by Red Apple p/up owner Bubba in Puerto Rico on 10/12/2009. Trim: 2002 Mazda Truck B2300 2WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: On the B2300 (with the 4c engine,and std. transmission) a relatively good fuel economy. Great A/C.
Cons: Too weak, too small cabin, rough ride, breaking system is not good.
Overall review: From 1 to 10,..I'll give it a... 4. If U need a P/up truck,..my advice is...Get a REAL one !
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next