2002 Jaguar S-TYPE

pure driving pleasure by chas in N.M. on 03/30/2007. Trim: 2002 Jaguar S-TYPE 4.0, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Ford has done an excellent job reestablishing Jaguar quality while maintaing the classic styling. Performance, quality and styling the S-type has it all.
Cons: Some will find the seating a bit hard on longer trips. More dealerships would be a good thing or better yet Ford could qualify Ford/Mercury dealerships to provide maintenance in non metro areas.
Overall review: Style, quality, performance what not to like. You won't want to give up the steering wheel.
High Class, Low Cost by Tom from Gastonia, NC on 10/12/2006. Trim: 2002 Jaguar S-TYPE 4.0, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Prestige, handling, ride, performance, amenities. The feeling I get from knowing it's mine-- I'm actually the one behind the wheel-- nice feeling. Agile- very nimble handling and cornering. Feels like turn on a dime and give back 6 cents. Ride- long-haul comfortable. Perforated, heated soft leather seats are supportive, possibly overfirm for some. Quiet, solid, comfortable ride. Doors close solidly, not tinny. Power- good power, strong above 2500 rpm. 50-70 in the blink of an eye. 70-90 just about as fast. Interior nicely appointed. Beautiful wood trim (wish there were more wood). Like the rain-sensing wipers.
Cons: Navigation—small screen. Not intuitive. 2002 navigation is CD based—not DVD based. Requires 9 CD’s to cover 48 states, Jaguar only provides the 1 in the area it was sold. Local Jag dealership charges $450 per CD ($450 x 9 areas= ohmigod!) Look at Ebay used CD if you want full coverage. Single cupholder in front has bad design, will often open on it’s own, can’t get mine to stay closed. Foglights are marginal, couldn’t tell they were on when raining or when foggy. I have had no problem with trans/J-Gate, but 1 second hesitation when shifting from Park, Reverse, or Drive is annoying. I wish the car came with back-up mirrors and an in-dash 6disc changer instead of the cassette player.
Overall review: I’ve had my car 7 months. It has (at the least) reached my very high expectations, and I’m very satisified. Great on long trips, short trips, to/from work, and just around town. Jaguar has been my dream car since I was 13-14, and I love the feeling I get just thinking of driving my car. In my opinion—The car is beautiful from the front, classy from the side, but ugly from the back in my opinion. For the price of a new Honda Civic, I’d rather have a low-mileage, 4 yr old Jag. This Jag may not be as fast as a Corvette, technological as a BMW, comfort ride of a Town Car, etc…But the combination of the ride, the style, the power, points me to the Jag everytime and makes it a winner.
beat car I ever own. by bryan on 06/02/2007. Trim: 2002 Jaguar S-TYPE 3.0, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: best car I ever own,drive's great,no problem with this car
Cons: no cd changer,or cd player
Overall review: good car,all my cars from now on will be Jagaurs.
LOOKS ARE DECEIVING! by REN on 03/06/2007. Trim: 2002 Jaguar S-TYPE 4.0, Owned 4 years.
Pros: it looks nice, period.
Cons: its a ford product!!
Overall review: if i wanted a suv or truck engine i should have baught a hummer. This shouldn't be called a jaguar, it shoul d be called a horrible chassis and suspension with an explorer engine. thats why people buy junk like this, because it looks nice. they never research it about the engine or tranny. i learned my lesson and should have known to watch out for those ford/jag trannys
I am please with my JAG by Norm on 02/12/2006. Trim: 2002 Jaguar S-TYPE 3.0, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The styling is magnificent. I bought a pre-owned certified car with 37,500 miles and it now has 47,000. The car still looks show room new. The car turns head every where I go and most people think it is a new car.
Cons: The 3.0 lags a little in accleration in the middle gears, but next time I will buy a 4.0. No others problems
Overall review: I will buy another pre-owned Jaguar and my wife is trading in her I35 Infiniti which is a nice car for a pre-owned S type. Then we will have 2!