2002 Mazda 626

2002 Mazda 626 Prices
2002 Mazda 626 Fuel Economy
Good, but not great by Somewhat satisfied in Idaho on 07/14/2003. Trim: 2002 Mazda 626 LX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the speed and the comfort of this vehicle. It corners well under excelleration and is very pleasant to drive.
Cons: I hate the transmission. It seems to shift hard, and hang between gears going into passing gear. If this car had a manual transmission it would be perfect.
Overall review: I love my Mazda and the price was a surprise considering what you get. Very reasonable, especially when you consider the Honda's and the Toyota's. However I feel like I made a wrong choice with the automatic transmission. I would have been much happier with the manual.
Review ID: #372026 Is this review offensive?
I want another 2002 626 XL by Roxy on 04/05/2011. Trim: 2002 Mazda 626 LX, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The style and the way it handles on the open road......love my 626 xl :-)
Overall review: Nice car and I want another one.
LEMONADE by Not a Mazda Fan, Phoenix on 07/25/2005. Trim: 2002 Mazda 626 ES V6, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The oscillating vents
Cons: The car's overflow tank seem keeps opening up which lets coolant into the engine and warps the heads or something like that. My car at 68,000 miles has had one major engine work, a brand new engine and five new overflow tanks.
Overall review: Very unhappy with this vehicle, I need a dependable reliable vehicle to travel in and this one is not either of those. I think what makes it worse is that the people at Mazda have not been a great help which makes it harder to deal with. I will never again buy a Mazda. Once the warranty is up, there is no hope. I wish that all of you who have this car do not have the same problems I have run into.
Vice President's Car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/10/2005. Trim: 2002 Mazda 626 LX, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I bought it from Hertz in Nov/2003...couldn't beat the price for $9600 and 31,000 miles...Definitely have terrible resale but I tend to buy used cars like this for that reason. Nobody confuses it with a BMW but the chics still dig me. It's clean, roomy and nothing more than average styling. Haven't had to do anything to it in the last year except change oil, air filter and rotate tires so I love cheap reliable cars.
Cons: Definitely underpowered...even for a 4cyl. The competition definitely have done better in this catagory as I drive Camry's and Accords all the time as my company cars. It's definitly changed my driving habits as there is no way one should consider changing lanes without a lot of distance behind you or you'll end up with a bumper sandwich in the back of the head or at least a nice finger gesture. The transmission is very clunky & chunky even with mellow driving habits. I always let the car run for 10 or 15 seconds and let the RPM's settle before shifting into gear or I get minor whiplash. A bit noisy with the underpowered engine
Overall review: I very rarely recommend anything to anybody and this car is the same. It has been reliable thus far. If things remain the same over the long haul then it was an excellent purchase. There's a lot of room in the car and it was definitely a good helper when I moved recently. I love nice cars but I always tend to spend my money on other expensive habits...the car ultimately isn't the most important thing in my life, but the 626 gets me there in moderate and reliable fashion.
Love at first drive. by Sara, St Louis on 10/02/2002. Trim: 2002 Mazda 626 ES V6, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the style and comfort of this car. And I couldn't go wrong with the price and all the goodies you get. I was looking at the G20 and Altima, so glad I grabbed my 626.
Cons: If I had to say something it would be about the transmission. I have the automatic and sometimes it shifts hard if you try to get up and go too fast. But at normal acceleration its fine.
Overall review: I knew nothing about Mazdas before this but I'm glad I have been enlightened. I love my car and it feels so good to say that. If you can get the Bose package its worth the extra cash!