2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
Kicks the pants off of a Jeep Wrangler.. in everything by Kyguy on 08/19/2011. Trim: 2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 4WD Hard Top, Owned 1 year.
Pros: At first I was a little wary about this little SUV, coming from a background of Chevy trucks, but it has proved me wrong. It is an excellent vehicle for a 4x4 enthusiast who doesn't like to flaunt it. The power and reliability is excellent, much better then my old 4x4 Blazer. Id compare this vehicle to a Jeep Wrangler, even though it doesn't look like it fits the part. The limited slip rear end is amazing, almost defeating the purpose of using four wheel drive, its that good. The acceleration is excellent, it'll pull away from almost anything in its class at a red light. Kicked the pants off of a jacked up Nissan Titan!
Cons: Some of the cons of this vehicle is the after-market availability of extras, such as roof racks, suspensions lifts, etc. Its mostly non-existent. The reason being is that its probably from the fact the vehicle hasn't been made in 8 years and there were very little sold. The gas mileage doesn't bother me, since the vehicle, even though its a 2-Dr, still weighs 2 tons. Also the paint takes a beating way too easily, but this could also come from the fact of the age. I do keep it polished and clean to the point of "new-car" standards.
Overall review: I have 92,000 miles on it now with very little problems (considering its also a 9 year old vehicle) mostly preventable maintenance repairs though. The little extra features like the power/winter buttons actually do something and the duel sun roofs are a nice touch. The frame is sturdy and it handles highway speeds with ease! Its quite a rare vehicle to see on the roads now-a-days, (only seen 4 others in the past 2 years ) so when you actually do see one its pretty cool. Over-all its a great vehicle and I wish Isuzu was still in the American business. An updated version of this vehicle would be great.
Excellent mid size SUV by jp on 04/12/2006. Trim: 2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 2WD Hard Top, Owned 4 years.
Pros: very stylish, excellent performance, great on maintenance, very reliable.
Cons: needs alittle more head room up front
Overall review: Excellent value and fun to drive!
Simply the Best by Ms Kaye on 10/18/2002. Trim: 2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 2WD Hard Top, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love my Isuzu Rodeo sport,but the only complaint if you can call it that is the Gas Mileage,but I should have realized that when I purchased a v-6 vehicle. I love thte style/size and comfort of my vehicle and because I have a small family,this absolutely works for me and Mine. The vehicle is stylish/pretty/and very easy to handle.
Cons: The only problem I have is the Gas it burns but im adapting
Overall review: I would give the Rodeo Sport on a scale of 1-10, I would give it a "12",I've never owned a Isuzu but im glad we purchased it.
Review ID: #319409 Is this review offensive?
I like it. by John - Nashville, TN on 06/15/2002. Trim: 2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 2WD Hard Top, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The V6 power is excellent. The V6 rodeo is fun to drive, and with the back seats down, you have good visibility. I was looking for a combination of power, sunroof, sport utility, and small size in a under 22,000 vehicle and found it. My last vehicle was a 98 Chevy Blazer and the Rodeo has more power and better handeling. It's great in the city, and parking is wonderful.
Cons: Great if you want a 2 seater. With the back seats up you lose visibility and storage.
Overall review: I enjoy looking at new vehicles and after a year with the V6 Isuzu Rodeo Sport I realized I made a good choice. For the price, I couldn't find anything that comes close. If you don't have the money for anything with more features, or a larger size, and still keep the 200+ hp, then you can't go wrong with the V6 Isuzu Rodeo sport.
Love my Rodeo Sport! by heidiincolorado on 04/27/2002. Trim: 2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport S V6 4WD Hard Top, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very fun to drive! 4WD Shift on the Fly, V6, compact and sporty, yet roomy. Comfy seats, lots of cup holders, push button lights on rear view mirrors and awesome Isuzu warranty!
Cons: no 60/40 split rear bench seat, would like 5 speed manual option with a V6, would like rear hatch window to open without opening tailgate. would also like rear hatch window to open and close with power button control up front. A little "squirrely" on dirt roads and washboards when just rear wheel drive. would like better gas mileage but that comes with the territory for a V6
Overall review: I would highly recommend this vehicle. It's very sporty and just fun to drive! We live in the mountains so 4WD and good ground clearance are a must. We do not have kids so I have no problems with it just being 2 doors. My husband has a 1989 Isuzu Amigo (old version of Rodeo Sport) with 175,000 miles and he loves it. I feel very happy and comfortable with my decision! Isuzu dealership was great and really worked with me. I got a fantastic deal! Great value and tons of options with this car! I also love the bright blue color! (chic thing!)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next