2002 Lexus GS

My First Lexus by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/01/2006. Trim: 2002 Lexus GS GS 300, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: quality material. very smooth ride. nearly silent at idle.
Cons: surprised by many small rattles over bumps. not involving to drive. tire roar quite high for a luxury car. seat lacks of lateral support, cushion a bit too narrow. road impact a bit too sharp(Sport Design).
Overall review: a car emphasizes quality and luxury more than sporty. good at small detail. wish it had more driving dynamics. overall, this is a good car.
Wish I had not leased by Disappointed in Dallas on 12/30/2002. Trim: 2002 Lexus GS GS 300, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: 6 Cyl. engine with a lot of get up and go.
Cons: Very rough ride, a lot of vibration at highway speeds. Feel every seam in the road. Rattles Windshield wipers very noisy. Radio/ CD sounds like a cheap transistor radio.
Overall review: Of the last 10 cars I purchased, Acura, Mercedes, RX 300, Merc. Marquis, Lincoln, Cadillac, this is the least enjoyable to drive on highway.
Poormans BMW. This car-maker has no History by Anna B on 06/24/2002. Trim: 2002 Lexus GS GS 430, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Poormans BMW. This car has no History
Cons: Poormans BMW. This car has no History
Overall review: Poormans BMW. This car has no History
Great car! by Clicker from the Bay on 08/06/2006. Trim: 2002 Lexus GS GS 300, Owned 1 year.
Pros: pleasant to drive
Cons: need more pony
Overall review: excellent cruiser
If you buy it, you will love by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/22/2004. Trim: 2002 Lexus GS GS 430, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Lots of get up and go when you need it, smooth take offs even when you hammer it (but you shouldn't need to). Drives well, looks great standing still. Easily the best service in the business, they treat you as they should everyone who buys ANY car. Nav works VERY well, and reroutes almost instantly if/when you have to deviate plans. Top it off with a fantastic interior that looks and feels very rich, and you're definitely driving top of the line. Highway, I got 27 MPG going to California, and I was doing over 75. Dropping down to 75, I got 29. That's FANTASTIC for a big, powerful, quiet, non-polluting V8.
Cons: I would like a bit more fuel economy, as I'm a city driver, but it's not a huge issue. I bought a V8, and knew what I was getting into. Driving a bit more casually, I can usually get 17-19 MPG, which is inline with EPA estimates (and I've seen some that are WAY off). I'd like to see 22-24 out of it, perhaps using similar technology as the Northstar systems (but without the God-awful ugly Cadillac designs). Sorry, guys, but angular, boxy, and just plain "been hit with the ugly stick" designs turn most younger buyers who can afford a nicer car off. Especially if you are comparing one to a very well made Euro or Japanese luxury model. It's not a comparison.
Overall review: While I can appreciae Jedlicka's statements, bear in mind they are from 2001. The car is still very stylish, the spoiler looks fine to me (and looks like a Lexus part, not some cheap imitation). Sorry that he can't work the windows, it's not a tough trick to learn. You simply have to understand how a 2 step switch works. 3 tries, you know it. Plenty of power, both in features and on the pavement. Trunk space is fantastic, and since I never ride in the backseat, it's all good. The car handles very well, but since I bought it for the ride not the slalom, I rarely put it's mettle to the test. Looking for an alternative to being a Beemerboy? Buy this. Turns heads and isn't quite as common.