2002 Audi A4

Bank account nightmare! by Auckland on 07/10/2010. Trim: 2002 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro With Tiptronic, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Looks great, good handling and economy.
Cons: Constant problems! Anxiety every time I turn the key to see what displays on the dash and how much it will cost!!!!!!!
Overall review: A great car when going well but it doesnt go well enough. I will never buy another Audi. You pay a premium and I would have thought that meant getting quality! Not so at all. I quickly got rid of it and bought a Japanese car which is much more reliable and I dont have to take out a mortgage just to get the thing serviced!
Fun ... When it Runs by Bolo63 on 06/18/2012. Trim: 2002 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Nice looking car... great handling Quattro on the hills of California. Solid German car feel..plus a great alternative to the too common BMW 3-series that you see all the time in S.F. bay Area.
Cons: Too many recalls.....and the so many times the check engine light came on (from coilpack failures to 02 sensors). I actually invested on a car diagnostic scanner myself to know 1st whats wrong before I take it to the shop.....sometimes replacing small bolt in parts you can do yourself and save you service cost.
Overall review: This car is very handsome and has a timeless design where some will still wonder if its a brand new Audi. Audis seems to design cars that always standout from other brands..and the 2002 A4 is one good example. Have mine for 10 years now and the doors still closes very solid. Its an outdoors car when parked and its Brilliant Black finish amazingly looks good... But you have to love this car to keep it running ...I learned to be a DIY mechanic to be able to fix costly things by myself (and save alot of maintenance cost) .Even changed the turbo myself...which failed after 130k miles.
2002 Audi A4- a very problematic car by dave tremblett toronto canada on 04/23/2009. Trim: 2002 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro With Tiptronic, Owned 7 years.
Pros: i have really enjoyed driving the audi a4. I love the quattro and have always felt very safe driving.
Cons: this car has has constant problems. The dealers will rip you off when you take the car in for repairs.
Overall review: I have owned my 2002 A4 since new. I would not recommend anyone keep an audi beyond the warranty period unless you are a mechanic. It is fun to drive and very safe however this is more than offset by the poor reliability.
Transmission Failure on a 4 year old vehicle by Shelley in Tampa on 08/07/2006. Trim: 2002 Audi A4 1.8T, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Beautiful car, excellent handling
Cons: I owned this car for just over a year and the transmission died. Audi was completely unhelpful telling me it was a "massive internal failure". That's quite obvious. Since I had purchased used from a dealership and opted not to buy the $3,000 extended warranty, believing nothing BUT the transmission would be over that amount to fix, I had no coverage when my vehicle died. Audi wanted to charge me over $7,200 dollars to replace the entire transmission. This was my third Audi. I most likely will never purchase from this company again.
Overall review: Lovely car, will not purchase again.
The car of my dreams came true! by A4 lover of Northern California on 06/19/2002. Trim: 2002 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro With Tiptronic, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like everything about this car, from the super sounding stereo, the comfortable seats, the amount of space available in the front seating area and in the trunk (the back seats fold down for visits to Ikea). All the controls are very easy to find and glow a cool soft red at night.
Cons: The only dislike I have is the...
Overall review: After 2 long years of saving and researching, I finally purchased the car of my dreams and am ecstatic! I've only had it two days and have been home only to write this review and sleep. I just want to drive. I had to write this review because it was all the good comments that helped me make a very good decision... Thanks everyone!