2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata

Great little sports car by Sports car fan on 09/07/2003. Trim: 2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Outstanding handling, very fun to drive. Very ergonomic controls; everything is right where you need it to be for maximum fun. Well built with great fit and finish.
Cons: A little cramped for 6 footer, needs tilt/telescope steering wheel. Windshield wipers too slow for heavy downpours. Although adequate, more power would make this car even more fun to drive.
Overall review: Excellent value for a true sports car. Barrels of fun to drive. The titanium gray metalic paint paired with the unique brown and black interior gets lots of appreciative stares from others.
Power, Fun and Freedom by Little Hot Red on 08/15/2002. Trim: 2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I Love how this little car drives, how it takes the curves as you are turning, the feel of power and freedom it gives me.
Cons: A bit small.
Overall review: I am so happy I got this car the only thing that worries me is how will it handle the cold wheather and the snow in the winter
Very Fun, Quick and Unpretentious Sports Car by funpig from Canada on 08/14/2008. Trim: 2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Fantastic torquey engine. Sports suspension option with Bilstein shocks, rigid support and bigger disk brakes highly recommended. Great timeless and stylish exterior body and interior. Cloth seats look good and are comfortable. CD changer is nice and sound quality is good. Decent aerodymamics; top of hair gets blown around but otherwise not being buffetted by wind. I can still talk to passenger with top down on freeway. Mine is a 6 speed. I test drove a 5 speed. I would have been happy with either. Truly a car in the tradition and spirit of the old Triumphs with a reputation for reliability. So many made since 1990, easy to buy a good used one. Great value and its good on gas.
Cons: Possible clutch shudder and notchy gear shifting when cold, goes away when warmed up (or rev higher before pop clutch). I actually only noticed this after I read about it on the Miata forums. Not so sure if it is a defect as much as just part of the character of the car. There are more powerful cars but you pay a much higher price for them. No air con or keyless remote on mine. Not sure if hardtop is worth owning. I got the hardtop as part of the deal, but not sure if I will use it. Never used the boot cover for the soft top because it takes too much time to install, remove and store. Keep the second vehicle for more passengers and capacity, poor weather and practicality.
Overall review: When I was younger, I owned a Triumph and was recently considering buying a restored one for kicks. In the end, common sense won and I bought a six year old '02 Miata with about 45,000 km. Best decision, I ever made. Truly a fun, fun car to drive. Reminds me of the old British sports cars, but with updated power, engineering and reliability. You really do feel like part of the car when you drive. The engine is not big, but it has great torque. The power is in the right places when you shift and you get a great sense of acceleration and speed throughout every gear. You control the Miata; the car does not control you (no ABS, traction or cruise control, Tiptronic, etc.) I have not owned it long but the way it runs after six years and the great Miata reputation lead me to believe that it will be a reliable vehicle long term. The optional sport suspension is well worth looking for. Noticeable stiffness and better cornering without harshness. It comes with better brakes.
Most fun vehicle I have ever owned. by Richard from Spfld,MO on 08/17/2012. Trim: 2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It is FUN to drive. Reliable,low cost, excellent gas mileage. This is my second one. I had a first gen about 15 yrs. ago. I've owned Corvettes,Z-cars,M-3, twin turbo RX-7's,Porsches,MG Midget, Ford SHO and a variety of other vehicles,but, my Miata LS makes me smile the most.
Cons: Windshield wipers slow, sun visors useless. Petty things.
Overall review: I LOVE this car. Less than 22k miles on it when I bought last Nov. from individual. Had car checked out by two services to verify not a rebuild. Now have 29K, also, own and drive two other late model vehicles.
Better Late than Never by Gray Ghost from Central PA on 08/23/2013. Trim: 2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Build quality, fit and finish, ride and handling, noise and vibration are spot on even after 11 years. Everything on the car still works like it did when new in 2002.
Cons: Nothing. I like the 2nd generation Miata MX-5 much better than the bigger, bulkier, more civilized, more expensive 3rd generation MX-5. My 2002 Miata is just right for me.
Overall review: I waited a long time to buy my first Miata..........65 years to be exact. Had many vehicles along the way but never could pull the trigger and buy a supposedly impractical 2 seat Japanese convertible. After looking around for over a year, on my 65th birthday I finally found and bought a British Racing Green 2002 Miata LS with 72000 miles on the odometer. Well, like a lot of others have said, I wished I'd done it much sooner! Car is great and I'm totally enjoying driving it whenever possible. If you're thinking about it don't wait just get one!