2002 Nissan Sentra

If you're skinny, it's perfect transportation by Ryno@IL on 10/31/2003. Trim: 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything's a little better than average, but not outstanding. The car is small width-wise, but I'm 6'2" and only 160 lb., so it fits me nicely. The engine's responsive, the quality looks like typical Nissan quality. Recommended
Cons: Auto tranny a bit jumpy
Overall review: A few questions: my friend has a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT and wants to race for slips. What should I say? Will I beat it?
Not fast, but it's not made to be. by Nick on 03/07/2011. Trim: 2002 Nissan Sentra GXE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: VERY good on gas, relatively inexpensive to buy/repair
Cons: Nothing I can think of
Overall review: This car is made to be a gas sipper, and does it quite well. After researching online, the 1.8L seems to have minimal problems. I have the manual transmission and have been easily getting 35 - 41 miles per gallon on average. I love this car, and it does everything I need it to.
Nissan makes Lemons! by CL Type-S Pilot on 07/12/2003. Trim: 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, Owned 1 year.
Pros: cheap
Cons: The oil burning issues, the tranny problems, the lack of customer service, big hit in depreciation.
Overall review: Added 5 qts of oil before the 1st oil change. Nissan denied any oil consumption issues. Threw a rod @5000mi. Rebuilt engine. Bad 3rd gear synchros. Nissan replaced the whole tranny with a revamped 2003 transmission (they admit the 2002 tranny has problems, thus the redesign). Bad transmount after the dealership repaired the engine. My car was in the shop for 33 days within the first 6 months of ownership. Lemon Laws state that 30 within the 1st year qualify as a Lemon. I filed with the BBB and went to an arbitration hearing. Waste of my time...the arbitraitor made a mistake and said my car was in the shop for 12 days. Before I could file an appeal, I get hit by a Semi and break my Femor. Now Nissan wants me to pay $5000 for money I lost in deprecition on a car that was orignally a lemon. Never buy a Nissan or from United Nissan in Las Vegas.
Durable Daily Driver by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/28/2012. Trim: 2002 Nissan Sentra GXE, Owned 6 years.
Pros: This is not a high-performance car, it is a reliable, daily driver that will get you to and from work with little in the way of issues. There is adequate space and power for daily usage for a single person or small family. It is durable, capable of surviving winters up here in the Northeast. It's warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and gets around 30mpg on a regular basis. The looks are nice and average - not outrageous, not ugly. The acceleration and braking is just right for daily driving, and the handling is actually better than I was expecting - you can really have some fun with it on winding roads.
Cons: The interior materials are a bit on the cheap side. The radio is now out-of-date. The dipstick broke off from the rubber cap and got stuck in the tube once. As a large (6'2") person with long legs, only a midget or a child can sit behind me. Other than that, haven't seen any issues that others have had. I'm getting 7,500 miles between oil changes without needing to add extra, and all the original paint is still there and shiny.
Overall review: Overall, the 2002 Nissan Sentra has been a great little car. I know it's going to start every time I turn the key, and the only repairs I've had are the ones you expect - a new battery and brakes at 80k miles. With regular maintenance, these cars can last a long time. Mine is nearing 90k, and I'm expecting to get at least another 6-7 years and another 40-50k miles out of it. I'd love to think I'd get something newer and fancier, but this is the kind of car you can drive until it dies, and it doesn't die easily.
gas sipper by mark on 01/30/2010. Trim: 2002 Nissan Sentra XE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: the gas mileage is great! engine is maintanance free till 100,000 miles!
Cons: the engine could use more power. needs interior upgrade
Overall review: Overall this car is dependable as longas you take care of it.