2002 Toyota Tacoma

Another 100K coming up. by David on 10/16/2008. Trim: 2002 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab V6 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I bought this truck new and it has been problem free so far. I now have about 100k on it and it is still going strong.
Cons: The same complaint as others, the clock position, not too bad if that is the worst complaint.
Overall review: Great truck. Very solid. Fun to drive. I plan on another 100k.
The best mid-size truck out there!!! by japslap65 in San Antonio on 05/11/2011. Trim: 2002 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab V6 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I have enjoyed this Tacoma Truck (SR5) since I purchased it back in 2006 after my son was born. I have not have any problems what so ever. Just keep up the regular maintenance and it runs like a new truck. I have yet to replace anything on the engine, radiator or A/C units. Just brakes and tires. currently 137,400 miles on the ol' gal. Gas milage is fine if not above average compared to the competition. I have had many inquiries to purchase this vehicle. Which of course I declined. The sound system is still working (cass, cd and w/six speakers) without any flaws. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for their first Truly reliable truck.
Cons: Back seats do have enough leg room for adults, wish they would have made them a bit more comfortable.
Overall review: Great Truck and we are planning to purchase either a larger Tacoma or the Tundra.
awsome truck , beautiful styling and dependable by sergio in dallas on 07/03/2009. Trim: 2002 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Xtracab V6 2WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: the best truck ever! love at first sight, i'm in love with my gold Taco
Cons: the clock behind the steering wheel
Overall review: i 'd recommend it to anyone
my taco by gremlin on 10/27/2008. Trim: 2002 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab V6 2WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: reliable, reliable and ..reliable- 175K and never a serious failure of a major system. runs like a timex
Cons: interior road noise, stiff ride (can be mitigated somewhat with michelin tires). Gas mileage so so if driven over 70 mph
Overall review: Great truck. A keeper
RATTLE TRAP by JOHN on 12/10/2002. Trim: 2002 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab V6 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: love the style,and how functional it is, nice wheel and tire package,locking rear differential.
Cons: chronic rattles, owed 2 months and back to the dealer 2 times without fixing rattles somewhere in the dash, underpowered even with the v-6, weak brakes.
Overall review: I think the tacoma is the best looking truck out there but I have been let down by the constant rattle in the dash, the dealer sprayed silicone lubricant (temporary fix) instead of fixing problem. Owed the truck 2 months and has been at he dealer a total of 3 days, no loaner car and still have rattles.