1997 Audi A8

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Sweet G-man Ride by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/14/2008. Trim: 1997 Audi A8 4.2 Quattro, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This car makes me feel like a million bucks. It is like a cheetah on the road, traction and accelleration are divine. Lots of buttons to keep the passengers entertained(they love the ashray, lighter, heated seats, power head rests, climate control...) This vehicle really encourages the driver to hammer it on down, especially around the 3000 RPM range. Pass any Joe on the highway.
Cons: Won't do burn outs
Overall review: I finally purchased a car....an A8, that gets better gas mileage that my '78 Caprice Classic V8 350.
I always take the Alternate Route by DrBlue from Scranton, PA on 01/02/2004. Trim: 1997 Audi A8 4.2 Quattro, Owned 7 years.
Pros: All aluminum space frame body, heated steering wheel, solar battery in sun roof, spacious trunk, comfy seats, 300 HP engine, Handling in all conditions( esp. snow), Audi-Bose sound system.
Cons: Maintenance costs, especially after the 3 yr Audi maintenance expired. But the car deserves it.
Overall review: I have owned this car since 1997 as a new vehicle. There were none on the road when I bought it. There still aren't that many out there. I can say , without hype, this is the best car I have owned. The engine has 300 HP, the all wheel drive is better than my Chrysler T&C minivan(2000), and the 2003 GMC Envoy and I still get great mileage (19-20MPG) , even in the hills of Pennslyvania. I am going to miss this car, because I can't get enough of it... I am addicted. Everything still works, even the heated steering wheel and seats. I used to own a 325 Bimmer and I have driven my parents S-series MB; but they can't light the fire of enthusiam I have for this car. Also the winter use I get is excellent. I only bought the Envoy to use in the winter and save mileage on the Audi. I love the Audi-Bose sound system...only the Bose in the Envoy sounds better. I know I won't get much money as a trade in, but who cares ...as long as I get another 8 series Audi.
Most underrated luxury car in the US. by A MSN Autos Consumer on 10/25/2002. Trim: 1997 Audi A8 3.7, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It is a wonderful luxury car. Perfect on long trips and just right for a fancy night out on the town. The interior is fabulous. Great feeling of security and comfort. Although we did not get it for gas mileage, our mileage has been surprisingly good -- about 24 MPG around town and 28 on the road. Front wheel drive at first appears out of place on an expensive car of this type, but it is ideal for the somewhat snowy/icy winters we get here in Northern Virginia. If we lived farther north I would have gotten a quatrro. We used to have a 7 Series BMW that was a powerful performer but that stayed in the garage on slippery winter days.
Cons: Expensive to service. Not really a dislike, but we miss a manual transmission on the A-8. Probably should get the S-8 next time!
Overall review: This is our fourth Audi and the best one yet. A classy car, with well-sculpted exterior, fabulous interior, and good performance.
Review ID: #320885 Is this review offensive?
Another Superb German Car by Chris from Florida on 04/12/2001. Trim: 1997 Audi A8 4.2 Quattro, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Simply marvelous handling and power. You'll love it during inclement weather with a high degree of safety while driving. The warm weather package is brilliant with the solar panel bringing outside air into the cabin (while parked: however do not leave your pet inside). This is a luxury, performance, and SUV rolled into one with the ultimate in German Engineering. Very unique and handsome styling. She looks strong; and very much IS!
Cons: The small right side outside mirror. Watch for the blind spot on the right rear of the car, especially for low profile cars (ex. small convertibles).
Overall review: The top Large German Car for it's value. Well sought after in design, performance, and engineering.
a dream to drive by A CarPoint Consumer on 02/10/2001. Trim: 1997 Audi A8 4.2 Quattro, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I have owned this car since sept of '97, it has been the best over all car I have ever owned. I live in an area where there is a wide array of driving conditions, the A8 handles them all well.
Cons: The overall cost with similar luxury vehicles may be alittle high
Overall review: Great machine with a wonderful sense of security
2 3 4 5 6  Next