2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

I was happy to get rid of this car! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/09/2012. Trim: 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Coupe, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Nice sporty appearance, pleasure to drive, it comes well equipped by default
Cons: Expensive to maintain, unreliable sensors, terribly painted, bumpy ride
Overall review: I've bought this car used (8-year old) and owned for more than 2 years. The front suspension required the work from the beginning and it cost me a fortune to fix it. Condenser in A/C was replaced after 1 year ($600 in No-name garage. Otherwise, at the dealer, it would be $900 - $1200). 2 the same oxygen sensors were replaced within 2 years. Sensors in gas evaporation and in the A.I.R. systems were causing almost permanent headache. The paint is awful in this car: rusty spots almost everywhere. Reliable but but very economical engine (2.3L in my car), especially taking in account that it requires a premium gas. It was a mistake to buy this car. IMHO, don't buy low class used Mercedes (like B- or C-classes). Buy a brand new, or the higher class used one!
One Sweet Sedan With the Soul of a Sports Car by Steve from Tarpon on 08/31/2007. Trim: 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: An extraordinary performance car with all the bells and whistles. If you are a car enthusiast, but do not wish to spend 75k to blow away the competition, then this is what you've been waiting for. You get exceptional power (see the vette) in your rear view mirror, and wonderful handling. A beautifully designed interior and superb fit and finish on the interior. You can easily find this car under 30k with moderate mileage. Power, power, and more power at your beck and call with the refinement you would expect from a Mercedes.
Cons: The air flow sensor has been the only issue, but it is a minor inconvenience at best. You'll know when there is an issue, due to the mileage dropping way off. There really has not been another issue for us. The gas mileage is moderate, due to never wanting to let off the gas.
Overall review: Exceptional car at a reasonable price for what you get. You definitely know you are driving a Mercedes and anyone who tests you will realize quickly you are driving one of the best sports sedans available for any price. This is a fun, fun ride that can take your breath away at any speed. If you want to treat yourself, find one with good service records and just go for it. You will not be dissappointed.
Too many repairs for a quality car. by Anne from Ontario on 09/16/2004. Trim: 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Coupe, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Right now I like absolutely nothing about this car.
Cons: Too many repairs, the fear of driving the car incase it breaks down with a large truck behind me. Safer to drive in right lane on highway just in case, Can't drive the car the way as advertised. The response of the dealership that I purchase the car from and Mercedes Benz Canada over my issues. Their willingness to put me into another car (same model) for more $. I would rather that they buy the piece of junk back. Their brochures state
Overall review: Terrible car, worst one I have ever owned. My Neon was a far better vehicle. Repair rear bushings twice, stabilizer bar issues, rack issues, repair parking brake twice, several low oil issues (uses up 3/4Litre in 3000km) (2002 c class with 62000km), several repairs to panoramic sunroof, finally parts and sunroof replaced. Issue with sunroof shade. Peeling paint and bubbling clear coat on bumper, air bag replaced, controls in steering wheel repaired and replaced twice, cup holder broke, wind noise on passenger side or car (adjust door and window), vanity light on passenger side broken, etc etc etc. Car in for repairs from 1 to 5 days.
Ready for a change after 31 months! by Bel from Jersey on 07/15/2004. Trim: 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Sedan, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Nice look and drives well. Very comfortable ride (I did not get the sports suspension cause that was much bumpier).
Cons: Very Unimpressed with Mercedez quality. This is my 3rd Mercedez and I'm not sure I want another one after getting this car. My car has had lots of electrical issues. I'm on my 3rd year with the car and I drive it a lot (600 miles a week or so) and now that the warranty is gone (I've put 57,000 miles) I'm relly feeling the cost of the maitenance. Last time I took it into the dealer I had to spent $1200 to fix the car up).
Overall review: Not bad while the warranty lasts. If you are going to put a lot of miles in this car, be ready to pay.
Best car I've ever owned by Benz lover from Sacramento, CA on 06/29/2004. Trim: 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Coupe, Owned 2 years.
Pros: At 79 years young, I deserve something nice. I could have afforded it earlier if I made payments for it. If you're thinking about a Benz, Buy It!. I feel good driving it. Some people would call me a
Cons: I have to refer to the manual for too many things. I have difficulty at times, since I have to refer to the manual when I can't even adjust the air or the radio. The seat is hard to adjust, since it's all manual, but of course, it's not the top of the line. The brakes seems to be wearing out because there is black dust in the wheel wells and it is hard to keep it clean. My neighbor said that's oke.
Overall review: I love it and if it's true to its reputation, it'll probably be my last car. I used to buy a car every 2 to 3 years (never really happy with it). What a waste of money. I could have had a Benz. Since I don't know that much about cars, all I can say is--it's been trouble-free in the 2 years since I bought it. I have to depend on the dealership to see that it's in top shape. Thanks for making the Kompressor.