2002 Volkswagen Golf

My favorite so far! by Lindy from Foster, RI on 08/12/2003. Trim: 2002 Volkswagen Golf GLS TDI, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I've owned 5 Golfs and ''02 TDI is the best yet!!! It's the first diesel for me. Even though I didn't like paying $2.20 last summer; I will never go back to gas!! No problems so far! Best one was my '89 made in USA!!! Worst was my '99 made in Germany!! Sharpest VW I owned, but complete engine rebuilt (courtesy of VW) at 99,000 miles. So many problems with that one!! This one accelerates just as well as any I've owned. I'm a VW Golf owner for life! Why more people haven't discovered this little jewel, I don't know!
Cons: My chief complaint is not being able to install an electric car starter! The dealer and several national companies did not recommend one. If anyone has one in their diesel, please reply. It's the only thing I miss. My biggest problem with this model year is the cup holder placement. Can't change the CD unless you close the holder. At least this one is sturdier than the '99 model. My '96 was the best designed for cups. VW should go back to that model.
Overall review: TDI is VW's best kept secret!! If VW would only offer this in 4Motion.......
GOLF GLS TDI 4 DOOR by John on 07/15/2002. Trim: 2002 Volkswagen Golf GLS TDI, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great vehicle. Love the fuel milage of the TDI. Getting around 47 - 49 mpg driving around town. Handles great. Feels like a much heavier car. Fun to drive.
Cons: The front cup holder and lack of couple holders for rear set passengers.
Overall review: The Golf TDI is a great car all around. I was looking for a way to beat the rising fuel prices and this car is it...
Diesel Cars; we could tell the Arabs to keep their oil!! by Jack Aledo, TEXAS on 03/16/2002. Trim: 2002 Volkswagen Golf GL TDI, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Fuel mileage, 56.7 MPG Quality, Value for the money.
Cons: Lack of drivers foot room
Overall review: Outstanding
Good small sporty family car. by ShannonFLHI on 03/03/2013. Trim: 2002 Volkswagen Golf GLS TDI, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I sold my Honda Civic after I bought my 5dr Golf TDI used, and did all the maintenance to make it new again. I also did suspension upgrades to make it ride better than stock. ( the stock ride is good) Great MPG, low maintenance, good hwy power, good ride quality. My wife loves the car. Kingsland,GA to Miami,FL on less than 3/4 tank ( auto trans).
Cons: Parts + maintenance can be pricey, so join a good web forum like TDICLUB to find parts, a good INDY or do it yourself. *****I DO NOT RECOMMEND A TDI FOR IN TOWN OR SHORT DISTANCE DRIVING**** My wife loves the car, so I don't get to drive it much any more without a fight. LOL
Overall review: Good small family car while still being sporty. Great MPG, low maintenance, good hwy power, good ride quality, good fit and finish.
My 2002 Golf GL TDi is a little tank by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/13/2012. Trim: 2002 Volkswagen Golf GL TDI, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Just a great little car! The TDI golf rides heavy and feels solid it's not fast but produces all it's torque at 1900 rpm's making it pull strong at lower rpm's and feel quite peppy. The turbo is just enough to get it out of it's own way so to speak. It has plenty of room inside, safe, handles well, it's great in the snow with good snow tires. set the cruse at 75mph and go..,getting better than 49mpg. I fill it once a month and get close to 1000 miles per tank full..what more could you want. If you happen to find one of these buy it..,or someone else will. These cars don't stay for sale very long, they are highly desirable and hard to find
Cons: None
Overall review: Just a sweet, sweet, sweet, little, economical, fun to drive, with killer mpg car. The TDi is like a little percolater