2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK Prices
2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK Fuel Economy
Great car and lots of fun by Victor from Watkins on 06/21/2002. Trim: 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK CLK430 Cabriolet, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Bought it w/o a test drive from the Tulsa auto show (normally a BIG no for me) but it was do that or lose it to 1 of 3 others. Have not been disappointed yet esp. for a 4 seat convertible. The CLK430 Cabrio is also the best new car for retention of value w/ 67% residuals. Traded in a 2002 'vette so the kids could enjoy the wind with us. It doesn't corner like the wide tired 'vette, but is far more comfortable, stylish, and the top is cooler and quieter. Not as fast, but 6.9 0-60 will get ahead of most cars. My problem is that 'Stangs and Camaros always want to race you, and unless it is a Cobra or SS, you can give em a good run. Took it to 120, and there was still plenty left.
Cons: Waiting to change the oil at 12K is scary to a former Diesel owner like me. The dealer would not change the oil sooner even if I paid them $1000 to do it. Being a former 'vette owner I wish I would have spent the extra for the CLK55, but I can't imagine the CLK320 being a dull car to drive still. The Pilot sport Michelin tires are the weakest point of the car, upgrade to the Pilot Sport All Season or another better rated tire as soon as you can. Far better treadlife, and better traction on the All Season Pilot sport, and only 10% more in price.
Overall review: Not the fastest car out there, go to the CLK55 for that, but for a convertible probably the most luxury and performance in one car. Other cars require a sacrifice of one or the other. Your CLK, a 'vette, a Cobra, and an SS all pull up to a stop light. At the corner there is a 16 year old girl, a 18 year girl, a 24 year old girl, a 45 year old woman, and a 22 year old guy standing there looking for a ride, and they are all gorgeous. Here's what happens, the 16 year old and the 24 year old girls will hop into your CLK. The 45 year old will fist fight the 22 year old guy for the seat in the Corvette, and the guys in the SS and Cobra will be screaming to get the 18 year old's attention. There is a 75% chance the 18 year old will also hop in your CLK, a 20% chance she goes to the Cobra, leaving a 5% chance for the poor sap in the SS, even though I think the SS is better car personally. You now see why I traded my 'vette in. If you doubt me try it one day, you will see what I saw.
"Nine Years (>120K miles) of Enjoyment" by Accounting PhD, Kentucky on 07/05/2010. Trim: 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK CLK320 Coupe, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Exterior style is beautiful and eye-catching. I have mineral green, which is unique...many compliments on color. MB did a great job with paint job as evidenced by <120K city & highway miles with only minor front end chips. Generally speaking, my CLK320 has held up well...primarily because I strictly comply with recommended maintenance schedule. Get the car serviced every 10K miles and it will maintain it dependability. Be sure to wash and wax it regularly to get the shine from the original showroom floor. REGULAR MAINTENANCE IS AN ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENT FOR THIS CAR.
Cons: My car has had minor electrical problems. I have had to replace headlamps and parking lamps multiple times because of blowouts. Defective bulbs were not the problem. What pains me the most is that the clock and time digital displays have loss several pixels. Because the dashboard has to be removed to replace these displays, I have to (reluctantly) live with this problem (cost to benefit decision). The remote control key has to be reset occasionally...not sure what is causing this problem. These problems are more annoyances than real problems...but they should not occur with M-B products in my opinion. Cost of A & B maintenance is high for what is done.
Overall review: I picked up my 320 8/1/2001 with 25 miles on it. It now has over 120K miles on it. My 320 has been a fantastic road (>29 mpg) & city (>18 mpg) car. The style is classic and still an eye catcher....it helps to keep it washed and waxed. Rear seating is poor for adults...I bought it for road trips for my wife and me...not a third passenger. Trunk space is more than adequate and the fold down rear seat adds to storage capacity. I have really enjoyed my 320 and plan to drive it at least another 120K miles. One last point, this car (CLK320 Coupe) works best south of the Mason-Dixon Line because it is light and built for touring. Buy an inexpensive sedan, if you want utility....buy this car, if you want comfortable touring.
My Dream Car, my CLK 55 AMG, Love driving it. by Constance in NewOrleans on 08/15/2008. Trim: 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK CLK55 AMG Cabriolet, Owned 2 years.
Pros: love the body style, fun to drive top up or down, great acceleration, quiet inside, nice stereo system,; nice suspension, smooth driving 25 mpg on the hwy even with my AMG engine.
Cons: wish it had more variable windshield wiper speeds
Overall review: Love my AMG CLK 55 only wish it got 50 mpg. Brakes and tires are a bit pricey but they last for a long time. Best driven in a warm climate as it is rear wheel drive, so not for the snow bunnies
Cool Ride......... by Big Money-Augusta, GA on 05/24/2004. Trim: 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK CLK430 Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: A joy to drive! I get lots of looks when it's clean........
Cons: The driver's seat headrest is wearing a hole in the roof where it rubs all of the time when moved forward!
Overall review: An excellent car. My last car was a BMW 528 and it doesn't compare in styling, handling, luxury, or power. Go Benz!!
ultimate coupe by A MSN Autos Consumer on 11/28/2002. Trim: 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK CLK320 Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Terrific solid performance, terrific brakes
Overall review: exellent vehicle in all respects