2002 Mercury Villager

2002 Mercury Villager Prices
2002 Mercury Villager Fuel Economy
Great van at a great price. by Villager in MI on 06/19/2009. Trim: 2002 Mercury Villager Estate, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Size is right, appearance is nice with the two tone paint and alloy wheels. Mileage is not too bad, it's very comfortable (ours has the leather power seats), easy to drive, great highway cruiser. We have not owned it long enough to comment on its reliability, but we've had no problems so far, and our older Villager was bulletproof.
Cons: Not as solid feeling as the older versions. Platform feels more flexible with the dual sliding doors. It's not the quickest thing going, brakes - although new - still feel weak. Middle bucket seats weigh a ton - make sure you have a chiropractor on stand by before attempting to remove them, and rear seat does not remove (this is true of all Villagers). Ours has the digital dashboard, of which I'm not really a fan. Stereo, like our old one, could use better speakers. This van wallows down the road more than our old one, does not handle as sharply.
Overall review: This is our second Villager. We traded in a 1997 for this one. It had 80,000 miles on it when we bought it, it has been trouble free for the 6000 miles we've had it. It's very comfortable, gets decent mileage for its size, handles better than most vans its age, although it's a lot less crisp feeling than our old van. It's pretty slow and could use more poweerful brakes. It's a little creaky, although our moonscape Michigan roads may have something to do with that, and the wind noise makes it always sounds like one of the doors isn't closed all the way. Our 97 only had one sliding door, but as a result felt more solid than this one. Great highway cruiser, a bit cumbersome around town, but it's still the best affordable older van out there. I would reccommend a Villager to anyone wanting a reliable, comfortable van.
Got it for a steal by PCINMD on 03/18/2008. Trim: 2002 Mercury Villager Popular, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Controls within easy reach, handles nicely, doors on both sides, pretty smooth ride
Cons: Not enough leg room (my leg gets cramped and I'm only 5' 6'!), seats not as comfortable as our 1995, wind noise,
Overall review: As you can see, this is our second Villager (we still have the 1995). My husband likes this van to run back and forth to work (although the 2002 doesn't have the same leg room as our 1995). Don't like it compared to the 1996 Windstar we had. That was a nice van.
A nice van by Raven on 09/16/2007. Trim: 2002 Mercury Villager Value, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Lots of room for family, good gas mileage for a van
Cons: no heat vents in the back, hard to get back into the third row seat
Overall review: My first mini van... its tollerable
best van by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/25/2006. Trim: 2002 Mercury Villager Value, Owned 4 years.
Pros: everything
Overall review: it is very nice
Great value and reliability by Mario on 02/21/2005. Trim: 2002 Mercury Villager Value, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great value for the money. Rides well. This is my second. The first I kept for over 100,000 miles and then traded it in for this one. It has been reliable (it is now year 2005) and I only had one problem when I first had the Villager. The A/C went bad, it was fixed and had no more problems. Lots of cup holders. Holds my spouse and 3 teenage kids on trips comfortably (I do put the luggage on the roof rack.)
Cons: Some wind noise at highway speeds. Did not come with the roof racks and the dealership could not get them for me a year after I bought it. I had to go to junk dealers to get one off a crashed Villager. The cabin air filter is extremely expensive (over $100.00 I think.) I took it out and did not replace it. My first Villager, a 1996 model, did not have a cabin air filter. Gas mileage could be better. Ford/Mercury has lost focus on the customer and thus I fear getting support in the future will be difficult. Especially since I plan to keep this for a long time. This will be my last Ford product for a while.
Overall review: So good I replaced by old Villager with this one. In three years I have not been sorry. The value was great.