2002 Honda Civic

Economical and Fun to Drive by Joseph Gladstone in San Diego, CA on 01/04/2011. Trim: 2002 Honda Civic LX Sedan, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Very, and I mean VERY reliable, and even more gas efficient. Looks okay, and interior looks nice. Great heater/ac. Fun to drive, handles well for the price, accelerates like a race car (it is a Honda, after all). I also love the transmission. I drive manual and I've never driven a car that has operated as well as this when I shift.
Cons: Generally not as nice as other Honda models. But again, you get what you pay for. Headlights always going out. I replace them every four months or so. Not a very quiet ride, but not as bad as the same year corollas. Would like to see a better sound system. Also, the fabric on the doors fell off (This is probably because I live where it gets up to 110 degrees in the summer), but I had a shop put it back on and it's holding well. Could use more power, but still drives well with what it's got.
Overall review: Bought it used in 2006. Wouldn't trade it for anything but a newer one. Had a friend tell me I drive a chick car. Then he went for a ride in it and changed his mind.
Dependable, Dependable, Dependable Auto by osubucksgo on 12/26/2010. Trim: 2002 Honda Civic EX Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Add gas and oil then GO!!! Put an K&N air filter with new Michelin Fuel Saver tires, get over 40 mpg on highway. Trunk is very generous. Back seats fold down to allow more storage. Great heater. Best used car I ever bought!
Cons: Would like a to have a cabin/outside themometer. My transmisson techs say to change the transmission fluid <= 40K miles. No external transmission filter, only internal.
Overall review: I would buy another Honda Civic in a heartbeat!
"Still the King of Hot Hatches" by John Paul on 09/11/2010. Trim: 2002 Honda Civic Si Hatchback, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Bullet proof reliability after 100,000 miles of care-free driving. Just oil changes and still the clutch is like brand new and no hint of any unusual noises and rattles. I take the car to its limits and I'm surprised how it keeps on going. Brings back memories of how reliable my Toyota Corolla was. Car is great on gas and seats are very comfortable. Handles almost like a BMW 325 and power is just enough to get you around town without any real complaints.
Cons: No complaints except that it could use an extra 20 horsepower. Remember, this car is built like a tank (2,744 lbs) so although 160 HP is enough for me, it may not be enough for you. Suggested solutions to this could be adding a K & N Typhoon filter charger, free flowing performance exhaust system, and getting Hondata (for $300+) to re-flash the ECU to extrapolate the suggested ponies.
Overall review: Just love this car!!!!!!! Gotta drive one to know one.
My 2002 180,000 mile Honda Civic by Jerry from Wyoming on 06/17/2010. Trim: 2002 Honda Civic LX Sedan, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Well lets see, I have 180,000 miles on it. It has been in the shop once, just last week for a PCM which went bad due to a voltage spike from the alternator. I have the original brakes, clutch, p/s fluid, coolant, and brake fluid in the vehicle. I have an aftermarket stereo with a rather large amp, and have owned it since new. I love my car i average about 40MPG on the highway and about 35 in the city. I once got 52MPG with the A/C on the entire trip. That was pretty impressive. Oh and I am a Honda/Ford technician so I know all about how long cars last, the Ford Focus doesnt come close to my honda on power, reliability and fuel economy.
Cons: Wish the power was higher like the new Si's.
Overall review: Love it!
"Solid" Wheels by Little Ol' Lady from (South) Pasadena on 11/02/2009. Trim: 2002 Honda Civic EX Coupe, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I love my Black Beauty (fully-loaded 2002 black Honda EX Coupe w/moonroof). I also love that I bought it at a GREAT price (during the early days of online sales competing with dealerships; the dealer met the price). I also like that while it's not a super fast vehicle, as was my prior car, it has enough "get up and go" to suit me. Gets great gasoline mileage, paint is still shiney, runs smooth & quietly. At the recent oil change the Wrench said, "it runs like new." It should, it has only 44, 875 miles. When people see it they assume it belongs to a guy; but, I'm a 71-year-old woman that knows the value of a good-running, good-looking well-maintained machine. Hooray for Honda Civics!!
Cons: Hummm.... I'm thinking.... Oh yeah, I dislike that the car was NOT equipped with a tape deck (I'm old; most of my music is on cassettes). I would have had one installed, but I'm on a fixed budget... can't afford it. I also dislike the material used for the liner; had Honda used a bit better material, I would not have a couple of small worned corners on the liner ... then the car would be absolutely perfect still.
Overall review: Well, at the risk of sounding redundant: I love my 2002 Honda Civic EX coupe. I think it's the best value for my money without having to compromise performance and style. Well built by master auto makers, the Civic is a low maintenance vehicle. I highly recommend this excellent automobile to anyone in the market for "solid wheels." (Solid: old term meaning cool, great, the best, etc.).