2002 Ford Mustang

Make it your own! by 4ZZS - Colorado on 09/02/2011. Trim: 2002 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Easy to modify, whether you want to improve performance, handling, looks or all of these. From simple bolt-on items to adding a supercharger, allows you to almost double the horsepower. Suspension changes will greatly improve handling and response. Add exterior body parts to make it look even sleeker. This is a great car to "Make your own"!
Cons: The original ride height makes it look like a 4x4 when compared to a Mustang that has been lowered. Lowering springs and other suspension changes make the car look and handle MUCH better.
Overall review: As the years roll by and new styles steal the spotlight, a stock 2002 Mustang doesn't look that impressive. But this horse has great bones and the ability to be a race horse and a show horse that can run and show with the best of today's cars.
Still Running great by Mspider496 from Detroit on 07/22/2010. Trim: 2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Still have mine..best car I have ever owned
Cons: tight basckseat
Overall review: I have been lucky..Normal car care has kept it running like the day I drove off the dealer's lot.
My last fun car before I get an old person's car! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/21/2009. Trim: 2002 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Owned 7 years.
Pros: It is fun to drive and I have not had ANY problems in the 7 years I've owned it!
Cons: I dislike the cost of insurance when I'm really past my wild years...just because it's sporty.
Overall review: My adult (30's) children love to drive it when they visit. It's a 5-speed and it's easy to lower the convertible top.
Sporty style but Not sporty driving! by Edwardo, Riverside on 06/14/2006. Trim: 2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Sporty looks. Comfortable seats.
Cons: Very Sloooow! The V6 engine is seriously underpowered considering its 3.8 liter. Many 4 cylinder cars today have more power than this. No joke! My brother's Celica GTS has 1.8 liter and he can easily beat me. Mine is an automatic, but still...this is a 3.8L V6! I expected more power out of this engine. The handling is OK, but the suspension is too soft and it doesn’t handle like a rear wheel drive. The car looks good from outside, but the interior looks very cheap.
Overall review: I have 58k miles and so far I haven’t had any major problems. Overall its not a bad car for price, but the performance is a weak spot. While it has the sporty looks, it doesn’t go as fast as or handle as good as it looks. If you want high performance, I recommend the V8 models, GT, or Cobra. If you choose the V6 model, at least get a stick shift!
Always wanted one by Roger from Lake Villa, IL on 08/13/2004. Trim: 2002 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Owned 2 years.
Pros: everything
Overall review: a great car for it's type and cost. good performance on regular gas and good mileage to boot. easy american parts supply and after market support makes mustangs a winner.