2002 Mitsubishi Diamante

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante Prices
2002 Mitsubishi Diamante Fuel Economy
" My Diamonte In The Rough" by jewel from MD relocated to NC on 01/24/2011. Trim: 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X, Owned 9 years.
Pros: transmissionwent up at 70,000 miles even when first noted problems with transmission , service people at Jerry's mitsubishi could not find any problem on the numerous times i took it to them. It finally stopped and was told i needed a new transmisssion. My car was always worked on at the dealer, no other business touched my car. Had it fixed by a transmission expert for 2,500$ which was done as a BIG favor he made no money from it. I would still recommend this car however be cautious at maintinance history,my car had routine recommended maintenance. The interior last, seating and dash, the roof lining i guess wears and sags with age. currently have 92,420 miles.Original GY tires replace 2011
Cons: didn't really have any dislikes
Overall review: I love my car.
Mitsu-Piece-Of-SH!T by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/26/2010. Trim: 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Looks very nice. Won't get lost in the parking lot wiith other Hondas & Toyotas. Interior is pretty comfortable. Acceleration is nice and strong. Seemed to be the total package, everything I wanted.... boy was I wrong!!!!
Cons: Purchased the car NEW. Within a week had my first failure: gas gauge stopped working. No big deal. Had to wait over a week since dealership needed the part to be shipped from Japan? Dealer could never get the aligment right. Then my steering controls stopped. Was told that the part takes over a week...WTF?!? Ok, after several more failures (wheel bearings, strange noises, check engine lights) I practically was living at that dealership. At around 10K miles was told that I needed to replace all tires because of uneven wear?! I made them replace them. I will NEVER buy another MITSU-Piece-Of-Sh!t. This car is very noisey at highway speeds, also the window gaskets seemed to fall all the time.
Overall review: Don't do it! Don't buy this car. I was so excited since it was my first new car. Boy I was hating life when I had to make payments while it sat in the service department. I've owned Lincolns, Hondas & Chevys and I've never had as much problems as I did with this car.
Almost as fun as my Harley! by harlycharly, newport beach,ca. on 07/31/2008. Trim: 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I love this car! I bought mine used in 4/2005 with 66,000 miles, it now has 100,000 miles with no problems except had to replace antenna. Mine had michelin's on it and I just put some more on it and they are smooth and quiet. I get average of 21-23 mpg.
Cons: Only the position of emergency brake handle and the back seat leg room.
Overall review: Great car over-all.
bang for the buck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/31/2008. Trim: 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante ES, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Most American - foreign designed car ever. Big sedan just like the old caprice classics. low resell value makes them excellent buys. powerful engine, decent brakes and nice looks.
Cons: small problems that mitsu dealerships cant fix or charge an arm and a leg.
Overall review: semi rare so you dont see yourself around every corner and light. Awesome bang for the buck.
supersmooth by milkman on 02/04/2008. Trim: 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X, Owned 3 years.
Pros: style and power
Cons: repair cost
Overall review: very nice car