2002 Mitsubishi Mirage

2002 Mitsubishi Mirage Prices
2002 Mitsubishi Mirage Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
First New Car, Substandard Used Car by Danny, Baltimore, MD on 10/11/2004. Trim: 2002 Mitsubishi Mirage DE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Cheap on gas, nice stereo, comfortable front seats.
Cons: Lack of power (only 93 hp), nothing to excite you. Paint scratches very easily. Looks like a cheap Civic. Horrible resale value. High insurance compared to better, more expensive cars.
Overall review: This was my first new car, I bought after graduating college. I've had it over 2 years, and it's treated me very well. The only maintenance problem was a shorted O2 sensor, cost around $300 at the dealership to repair. Dealer also found a faultly pipe in the catalytic converted and replaced under warranty. I have about 48,000 miles and dealerships are only offering about $2,800 to $3,000 for trade-ins. When comparing insurance to a Nissan Sentra SE-R, I found the Nissan's insurance to be cheaper. Apparently replacement parts after and accident are more expensive and the car is more likely to be totalled. My recommendation, skip the Mirage. Find a Civic or Corolla instead.
Great economy car by Nycki in Newport Beach, CA on 04/28/2004. Trim: 2002 Mitsubishi Mirage DE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love my Mirage, and the price was definitly right on it. It feels solid and stands up well to the wear and tear I put on it. The air conditioner is absolutly amazing, major plus if you live in a hot climate! The seats are comfortable, and while the backseat is small it's fine for younger children. I've taken driven it for CA to CO 2x, from CA to Vegas countless times, and put 40k miles on it in 2 years with no problems! Also, gets great gas mileage!
Cons: The interior feels cheap, but it is an economy car. The engine got really noisy after about 5k miles. The breaks have squeaked and grinded since the day I bought it (I've replaced them 2x b/c of it), but no one can seem to find a problem with them. My experience with the So Cal Mits. customer service has been horrible, I take it to an independent mechanic for repairs. It also depreciated extremely fast, which was tough for me when I bought it in college.
Overall review: There are better economy cars on the market, but the Mirage can compete with some of the best! The reliability is comperable to a Honda or Toyota, but the build quality is below par. Overall, the only thing that would prevent me from buying another Mitsubishi would be the depreciation rate. I love my
SPORTY AND FUN by Jeff from Hermiston, Oregon on 11/03/2001. Trim: 2002 Mitsubishi Mirage LS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the nimble handling and smooth ride. It's very quiet. Easy and fun to drive. The sport package really finishes it off nicely. Great economy with 5 speed.
Cons: So far no gripes!
Overall review: Very nice little car that should provide years of good transportation with low cost. Sporty, fun and that pacific blue paint really makes it look good.
Review ID: #220623 Is this review offensive?
Great little car!!! by J.R. on 09/11/2013. Trim: 2002 Mitsubishi Mirage LS, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I have a 1997 Mirage and it has 195,000 miles and is in great condition. I love this little car; it has been basically trouble free; other than tires and brakes and regular maintenance; so major problems. I wish Mitsubishi had never stopped making the Mirage. I love my baby!!!
Cons: Can't buy a new one....discontinued model.
Overall review: Great. love this little car!!
Love my mirage coupe by Adge on 11/16/2008. Trim: 2002 Mitsubishi Mirage DE, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The vehicle is small and gets great gas mililage. I have had no problems with the car and I have had it for three years. Just oil changes, and tire rotations. I hope it continues to last like it has for a few more years. If you take care of your car it will take care of you.
Cons: The seat can be a bit uncomfortable for heavier set people, and the back is pretty small as is the truck.
Overall review: Great for a single guy or gal that needs to get around in a reliable vehicle with little mantience.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next