2002 Dodge Dakota

dakota sxt reg cab 4x4 by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/16/2012. Trim: 2002 Dodge Dakota SXT 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: the rugged looks with the dark blue paint and gray grille and bumpers best looking truck, sound of the v6 magnum, awesome 4wd and clearance, best handling truck ever owned.....
Cons: gas mileage: 13/16mpg 4spd auto 4x4 v6 city/hwy
Overall review: Best and most reliable truck ever owned. When I first got it, needed a computer and some maintenance after that it runs like a champ and it does what I ask it to do and never lets me down. The 3.9 v6 magnum starts right up in sub zero temps in the middle of brutal Maine winters and runs strong. The truck gets up and goes with the 3.92 rear , while its missing top end power. The 4wd in the truck is awesome with good clearance and it out classes any fords, chevys, and toyotas offroad. Take this truck to rugged Maine north country offroad through mud holes , rivers and mountains every summer to go camping and its never giving me a problem. This truck has 140,000 miles on it and still going strong. Built tough, haul huge maple logs out of the woods every winter. Very good looking truck and fun to drive.
Cheap price means poor quality truck by DavidNGeorgia on 11/23/2011. Trim: 2002 Dodge Dakota SLT Plus Quad Cab 2WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: This truck has very good power and towing capability with the 4.7 V8 and 3.92 gears. Handling is very good with the rear sway bar on the SLT plus option. Interior is comfortable but plain and ride quality is good.
Cons: This truck has been garaged all its life. Headliner fell this past summer 2011 (never left in the sun outdoors), I spent $1750.00 on computer problems in 2005, right front caliper locked in 2008 and the truck now has 40050 miles in Nov 2011 and is for sale. Take notice on complaints about poor gas mileage that you read in Dodge reviews. I took this truck to Pensacola 2 weeks ago and averaged 15.2 mpg on the highway. I have NEVER got more than 16.8 mpg with this truck. Pretty poor in my opinion since the full size trucks exceed this.
Overall review: This is the second worse truck I have owned, but far better than the worst truck a 94 Ford P/U I owned years ago. I will be buying Toyota again in the future. The $4500 dollars I saved buying this Dodge vs Toyota 4 door was quickly washed by expensive repairs, poor fuel economy and now poor resale value.
Hardy little workhorse by Rocky Mountain Express on 04/13/2010. Trim: 2002 Dodge Dakota Sport Plus Quad Cab 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: My Dakota has given me 120,000 absolutely problem free miles. Since I use it heavily to haul materials to my house construction site in the mountains it does not lead an easy life. But it has done everyting I have asked of it with nothing more than routine maintenance. On top of that I have never riden in another 4WD vehicle with as good of a ride. With the right snow tires I can wade though 3 feet of snow with no problem.
Cons: There is nothing I don't like about it.
Overall review: I wish I had 2 more just like it.
Dakota%20SXT by bear1762 on 06/18/2011. Trim: 2002 Dodge Dakota SXT 2WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Style%2Cengine%20performance
Cons: Transmission%20problems%20are%20very%20common.
Overall review: good%20truck%2Cif%20you%20have%20repair%20money
Good Pickup by Josh from San Diego on 12/09/2003. Trim: 2002 Dodge Dakota SXT 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: - Feels like a car at 80mph on the freeway. - Good acceleration for a truck with this kind of tranny (really low first for towing; I usually start in second.)
Cons: - Problems with the brakes (mine were out of round at less than 10k mi.) - Center console has a big cup holder in the way of the stick (problem with manual tranny only.)
Overall review: I plan on keeping my Dakota for a good long time. I hope Dodge is looking into the brakes; I've had them chirp the tires when tapped quickly at 65mph... not cool. I am otherwise pleased with this truck.