2002 Toyota Camry

2002 Camry by kathy on 04/21/2009. Trim: 2002 Toyota Camry SE V6, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This car is roomy, comfortable and never stops amazing me at what I can get in the trunk. I am a large person and never thought I could be comfortable in any thing but a big car. I bought it used and would definatly buy a new one. It has giddy up when merging. It was well planned for convience and safety.
Cons: The steering wheel could have more adjustments such as telescoping.
Overall review: I would give this a 10
After 100,000 miles or Ten Years, Who Knows? by photogeezer on 04/29/2014. Trim: 2002 Toyota Camry LE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: My 2002 LE served us well for ten years, nearly trouble-free. The 5-speed manual and clutch were excellent, acceleration and handling were OK. We found the car to be more roomy and comfortable than the 2013 Accord that replaced it. The trunk and interor cubbies were generous. The driver's seat was actually soothing when I had had back problems. When I needed relief, I went for a drive.
Cons: The cylinder head bolts stripped out at 110,000. I spent way too much trying to repair it; I had to junk it. I resent Toyota's ignoring the problem, not admitting that it exists. My mechanic blamed it on uneven heat distribution across the head, linked to a PLASTIC intake manifold. The brakes always felt like a foam rubber pillow. The exhaust system hung down like that of an old school bus. I didn't buy this car for its looks; it is hideous, compared to my late1989 Camry. That car was far superior, in gas mileage, handling, braking and it was a beautiful car.
Overall review: I bought this as a family car, based on stellar service from an 1989 Camry. To be fair, we got 110,000 miles and ten years out of the 2002. I replaced it with a Honda Accord with manual transmission, partly because Honda treated me as an adult, making the manual available (no more manual Camrys, boys and girls. Never mind that Europeans and Asians drive manual). The Honda's braking, acceleration and handling are superior. The Camry rode better and was more comfortable, even in it's it's cheapo version. Who would have thought Toyota can no longer consistently make a reliable 4-cylinder engine? Reliability on the Honda remains to be seen.
reliable by Aryan, huntington station on 03/01/2011. Trim: 2002 Toyota Camry XLE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: my camry xle is great it doesnt have great acceleration but if your not worried about that than its a great car
Cons: no cons the car is great
Overall review: the car is great just needs better acceleration
The Best of the Best by Dee from Missouri on 06/29/2010. Trim: 2002 Toyota Camry XLE, Owned 8 years.
Pros: I bought my Camry LXE new... I have enjoyed traveling in my car, the ride is so smooth. A very quiet operating car. Handles like a dream. Very dependable car. The only time my car has ever been in for service is for the oil changes or new tires or balancing them. I would buy another Toyota. I would recommend buying a Toyota.
Cons: There is nothing that I dislike about my car.
Overall review: I love my Toyota. It's a great car, and very economical to operate. I get 460 miles to a tank of gas and that's at 70 miles per hour.
Best Car by Doorman on 02/21/2009. Trim: 2002 Toyota Camry XLE, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Trouble free as long as you change the oil regulaly and have the car serviced properly.The 4 cylinder gives excellent milage on the highway.
Cons: The seats could have more support for long trips.
Overall review: I love my Toyota, It has been trouble free.