2002 Mazda Tribute

The Ultimate SUV! by Drew from Jenison, MI on 11/30/2010. Trim: 2002 Mazda Tribute ES 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great power with a V6 engine, Great handling, Amazing in the winter with 4WD, Overall an amazing car
Cons: The only thing is the gas mileage.
Overall review: This is a great car. I would recommend it to anyone looking into getting any type of SUV. When I get a new one, my girlfriend is going to take this one. Best SUV I have been in.
Ours didn't measure up to overall review/rating by Maryland owner on 01/21/2008. Trim: 2002 Mazda Tribute ES 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Like lift-up rear hatch with separate lift-up rear window. Easier to haul long items that can't be hauled in my '04 Toyota RAV4 with its swing-out rear door.
Cons: Handling on turns not as good as my RAV4. Premature failures of front wheel bearings, brake pads, alternator and automatic transmission.
Overall review: Purchased vehicle in '02 & traded it in Spring '07 after automatic transmission failure. This is the second Mazda truck we've owned that experienced premature automatic transmission failure (1st was a '94 B4000). Not interested in buying another Mazda. Sticking with Toyota.
The best SUV. by Kathleen on 02/10/2008. Trim: 2002 Mazda Tribute LX, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Very nice to drive it handles well in weather smooth ride quite I just really like my mazda and it is my first one nothing bad to say about it at all.
Cons: Have have no dislikes very happy with my mazda
Overall review: I just love My mazda Got it in 2005 i'm second owner and everyone thought is was brand new.The car was very well maintained no rust dents or in accendents. I've checked that out before i bought the car.
Left us Blah by Erico from Van Isle on 02/04/2008. Trim: 2002 Mazda Tribute LX 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: visibility, handling, 4 wheel good ,ride
Cons: finish inside, road noise, axle bearings/abs problems, leaks,stereo will not work in a downpour,
Overall review: exited when we got it, but the small cheap finish items detract from the enjoyment-, I think I will not buy another Mazda, think Toyota or Honda much better finished and more reliable
8 out of 10 stars by lokreds on 01/26/2008. Trim: 2002 Mazda Tribute LX, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Drives great. Acceleration is surprising. Roomy
Cons: Does not brake too great.
Overall review: Overall not a bad SUV for the price.