2002 Nissan Xterra

Since I can't afford a Toureg...I'll take the XTERRA! by Ohio on 12/31/2009. Trim: 2002 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: I am on my 2nd Xterra.First was an '01. Not too long after I purchased it I was involved in t-bone collision- Xterra was totalled. I was not hurt at all. Just last week on an icy bridge (2009), I was hit from behind ...my '02 Xterra was totalled! Again, I was not hurt one bit. I LOVE the Xterra. I always feel safe. It is a nice size SUV, handles well, and I love the 4WD for inclement weather. I have never had any mechanical troubles other than a leaky shock after about 6 years. It holds almost anything a single gal can haul...three dogs, bikes,lots of garden gear in the summer, etc. I am about to purchase my 3rd...it will be an '02 or '03 as I don't like the newer body styles.
Cons: Gas could be better, and the headliner started to come unglued...but that is after 7 years of parking in the heat every day! My dogs don't mind so neither do I.
Overall review: JUST LOVE IT!
Awesome truck that has handled everything I've thrown at it !!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/09/2012. Trim: 2002 Nissan Xterra XE S/C 4WD w/Security System, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Its ruggedness and its been almost problem free for the 9 years I've owned it
Cons: Gas is expensive now days and the super charged model uses premium gas
Overall review: Awesome truck that has handled everything I've thrown at it !!!
Alright teenage car- but comes up lacking by Erin TX on 07/08/2009. Trim: 2002 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Nice, powerful SUV, handles very well in bad weather (especially in 4WD models), makes snow and ice much less frightening, very sporty looking while still affordable upfront for younger buyers, relatively spacious- though definately not a great family car
Cons: Gas mileage is atrocious- the sticker reads 19, however, with impeccable maintenance I have never gotten above 16.7 and with the AC on this drops to 13.4, the AC is ok but leaves something to be desired, tramlining is a problem in this car- can sometimes feel like alignment issues- especially bad on groved roads such as between Colorado Springs and Denver, alignment does not last long- have probably had my alignment fixed 30 or more times (not an exaggeration) and still have problems with it. Interior is not the highest quality though ok, be wary of roof apholstry- glue does not last long
Overall review: OK car for a teenager- However, gas mileage leaves your wallet seriously hurting and maintenance can get a bit unbearable at times. Not good for heavy mileage, but nice if only driven around town and to or from work/school.
Not bad for the price, but like all cars, has some issues. by c on 01/02/2009. Trim: 2002 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Looks cool. lots of space in the back once the seats are out and folded down for moving things. Truck as 100,000+ miles and still works (most of the time).
Cons: Air conditioning went out - fixed twice, but they can't seem to fix it permanently$$. Car over-heated, replaced a gasquet $$$. 4X4 stutters when turning hard - I was told it was indicative of the model. Nissan customer service didn't seem very helpful and kept trying to cover themselves rather than admit fault. Wish it had more power. No after-market stereo can be installed (too small behind dash).
Overall review: Not bad for the price. Probably wouldn't buy another, but got through a couple of really rough roads.
you never get lost by ninny from calif. on 11/16/2008. Trim: 2002 Nissan Xterra XE 2WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: looks,i can see everything.handles well
Cons: the gas mileage
Overall review: i like the fact i can push a button and always find it.