2002 Mercury Cougar

Amazing Little Sports Car by Spudster from Bakersfield, Ca. on 04/19/2004. Trim: 2002 Mercury Cougar V6 Sport, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I've owned this car since 12/02 and I've put 80m miles on it in a year and a half. Not one bit of trouble. Great gas mileage. It's a real head-turner too. It's the best car I have ever owned.
Cons: Seats are a little too firm.
Overall review: Amazing little sports car. If they were still made, I'd by another for my son. This is a great value for the money.
'THE' car by CougarChick from California on 06/23/2002. Trim: 2002 Mercury Cougar V6 Sport, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love 2002 Mercury Cougars.....they are totally kick a** cars. The interior are not only really eye catching....but really nice. And the outside....damn I love this car.
Cons: its a awesome car....there are no cons
Overall review: 2002 Mercury Cougars are awesome.....I love them.
2002 Cougar Review by Cougar in Illinois on 03/11/2008. Trim: 2002 Mercury Cougar V6 Sport, Owned 6 years.
Pros: It was affordable when I was buying it, as I wanted to keep my payments low. I had been driving around my mom's 1988 Taurus before then, so this was based purely on looks - a typical way to assert your youth and independence. I purchased it brand-new, and only had to take it in under warranty a couple times for minor things (non-engine related)
Cons: All the parts are so darn expensive! I wish this car had standard tires (they are low profile), as now only 2 companies that our tire guy knew of made a size to fit them. (this was in 2008). So that naturally meant $$$$. Also my husband complains of the engine. To change the oil is an annoyance, and in order to change the transmission fluid, we were told you basically have to take the engine completely apart. The car is paid off now, so I am basically going to drive it until it falls apart. But if I had to do it looking back, knowing what I know now, I would not have bought this car. Seats are uncomfortable for long-distance driving.
Overall review: Overall, we have had no major problems with my car, and I do feel like I can't give it a horrible review due to that. But I know now that I am going to do more research into a vehicle before I sign. I feel like it has been a good learning experience, and makes me feel blessed that my husband is an excellent shade tree mechanic, or else this would be an expensive car. So if you don't know anyone that could work on it in the family, I wouldn't recommend.
Stylish and Dependable by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/25/2004. Trim: 2002 Mercury Cougar V6, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I like the appearance, performance and dependability of this car.
Cons: The seats are not as comfortable as they could be, and the side mirrors are too small.
Overall review: If I had it to do over again, I would still buy my Cougar. It has given no problems and much pleasure.
Not too shabby by Junior from Cincinnati, OH on 08/18/2002. Trim: 2002 Mercury Cougar V6 Sport, Owned less than 1 year.
Overall review: For having a V6, it is surprising that the performance isn't better.