2002 Ford Taurus

run...don't walk away from this car by pmlava/chicopee ma on 10/28/2009. Trim: 2002 Ford Taurus SES Deluxe, Owned 5 years.
Pros: roomy, good pick-up power
Cons: numerous times at repair shop for repairs that I have never had done on any previous cars with 3-4 times the mileage. This car has 47,000 miles on it and have replaced: ball joints, tie rods, rotors, front driver coil snapped and also slashed front (new) tire when it did, gaskets are leaking ($1200.00 repair), emergency brake cable broken, the list goes on and on.Troubles began around 30k miles and haven't stopped. I only drive 4-5k miles a year. This taurus is a 2002.
Overall review: frustrating to say the least...disappointing. Also, has been very expensive to fix all the repairs
Trusty Taurus by The Boogiedown Bronx,NY on 09/17/2009. Trim: 2002 Ford Taurus SES Deluxe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very roomy and safe. Plenty of trunk space. Good MPG's about 25-27. Great for long trips. Added HID's lights and Alteeza tails light for a different look. Leather seats and sunroof is great! Cheap and easy to fix. Needed an MAFS(mass air floe sensor). Brought and installed the part myself via YouTube help.
Cons: Wont turn any heads. A bit underpowered. Shorta sluggish on take off's. The gas tank neck kinda small so I would have problems pumping gas. Rear drum brakes make for a longer stopping distance. I would still have mine if someone didnt make a U-turn into my backdoor/panel. Dont hold their value so was totaled.
Overall review: This is a prefect family or everyday car. Cheap and realizable and inexpensive to own and maintain. Its no Benz but the price should reflect that. I would recommend this car to anyone. You cant go wrong with this work horse.
A Workhorse by Lady Lead Foot on 06/26/2009. Trim: 2002 Ford Taurus SES Standard, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Comfortable, very smooth ride, handles very well, quiet but great power (I have speeding tickets to prove it).
Cons: I bought the car when it had 50k on it and it has always jerked and bucked, when accelerating into passing gear, but it's acceptable. Electrical problems started around 70K, keeps thinking a door is open (which is annoying because the alarm sound is very annoying). At 106K the engine light came on for first time, because we need to replace the emissions system (valve) located in the gas tank. We also need: A Inner CV Joint, Ball Joints and now and them it seems to be slipping when in overdrive -we'll see what happens with that.
Overall review: I truly Love this car because it is soo cozy, plush and roomy. Easy to access panels and well constructed for family. I've driven it to death in the 3 years I've owned it, putting on 50k miles total, and I must say it was dependable for my family. Now it's feeling wear and tear, but it's still running, and still has quite alot of power. **My fiancé hates Fords, but he loves this car, aside from the repairs it needs.
Good Deal by Good Deal on 02/14/2009. Trim: 2002 Ford Taurus SES Standard, Owned 6 years.
Pros: 129000 miles and very few problems. MPG averages 25
Cons: used to an suv and this car sits low to the ground, only 3 star side safety rating
Overall review: great deal for the price
2002 Ford Taurus by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/09/2005. Trim: 2002 Ford Taurus LX Standard, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Looks great and very comfortable interior.
Cons: Very slow start.
Overall review: It's a great car for me at work, but needs more power.