2002 Kia Rio

Outstanding and well built economy car by RB, Lenoir City TN on 07/31/2008. Trim: 2002 Kia Rio Sedan, Owned 4 years.
Pros: This is the best car I have ever owned. I have 162,000 miles on it and will be upgrading to a newer one soon. I had no repair issues until 130K, when I replaced the rear bearings ($115 p&L each), I replaced the gear shifter ($298 p&l) at 161K, and the speedometer reading failed recently. The car is comfortable, especially for its size for long trips, and it gets roughly 28 mpg city and 35 mpg highway, although I realize it is rated for less. I have previously owned 2 Corollas, 1 Civic, 2 Mirages, two Datsun B210s, and one Accord, but this is by far the best car of all of them!
Cons: The interior ratings pertain to the gear shift, which was replaced at 161K, the tape player, which failed at 152K, and the seat adjuster, which failed at approximately 122K. I still rated the interior at an 8, because it is my only car, I drive it all the time, and it seems like the car should have had more serious issues by now.
Overall review: Absolutely fantastic car, but I maintain it per the manual (except I change the oil every 3,000 miles) since I rely on it exclusively.
little race car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/25/2009. Trim: 2002 Kia Rio Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It is very economical and a very great riding car ..... love it
Cons: not very comfortable when going on long trips
Overall review: this is a great car and I would recommend this car to anybody
Good car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/23/2009. Trim: 2002 Kia Rio Sedan, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Handles very well and easy to around in. Very good gas mileage and dependable
Cons: Wheel bearing keep going bad!
Overall review: Good for daily driving
Love it! by LaLa on 12/30/2008. Trim: 2002 Kia Rio Sedan, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Very good gas mileage. Great car for the price.
Cons: The car was in south Texas for a while, and after about four years, the paint began to crack and fade, despite the fact that it was washed and waxed on a regular basis.
Overall review: It's like a street legal go-cart! Great handling. I bought this car new, and the only thing I've had replaced were the struts at about 80,000 miles. As long as it's well maintained, you shouldn't have too many problems.
Cheap, dependable, very nice ride. by anthony from WV on 07/17/2008. Trim: 2002 Kia Rio Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Good running car, best for first time buyers, couples, or someone that put's alot of miles on a car for buisness. This car has a very nice structure and ALOT less problems than people say.
Cons: The lack of horsepower, no room in backseats even for carseats, and tred life on tires are horrible. My clutch started slipping at 30,000 miles and the dealer said it had to be replaced... Don't belive it, Their is an adjustment on the pedal any good repair shop should be able to adjust if you tell them your car is a cable driven clutch. I feel bad for all the people I have read about buying a new clutch instead of getting this very simple adjustment perfomed.
Overall review: I bought this car with 25,000 miles and I have had it for a year and six months and drive it very hard, I now have over 75,000 miles only problems I have had is the tire wear, rear left balljoint and rear right swaybar link which are probably all my fault. the newest problem is my rear bearings have been replaced 7 times in a 15,000 mile frame, I'm sure their is a reason but no one can find it. Other than that this car drives and handles great, I have hit 3 deer whith my car and you can't hardly tell. no problems with the motor or transmission. Overall This is a good car for a cheap price don't be expecting to get a $30,000 car expect to get a $10,000 car because if it were worth $30,000 they would sell it for that.