2002 Honda Accord

If you can dodge the transmission bullet... by TK Fred on 08/31/2012. Trim: 2002 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe, Owned 10 years.
Pros: The motor runs smooth as glass after 10 years and 81K miles.
Cons: The transmission needed to be rebuilt at 72K thousand miles (I am a very docile driver). A co worker of mine has the exact same year and model as my accord and he also had to have the trans rebuilt but at around 85K miles if I remember correctly. The transmission seems to be an issue with some of these cars. The breaks have always been mediocre at best, very mushy and lack of stopping power. Master cylinder died at an early age.
Overall review: If you can dodge the transmission bullet, its a great running and handing passenger car. I expect to keep it for a few more years with no further problems.
its reliable by Bryan, Amityville on 06/19/2011. Trim: 2002 Honda Accord Special Edition Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing but I wish it had more power
Overall review: My special edition Honda Accord is great however it doesnt have great pickup but if you don't care about that than this would be the great car for you.
Honda dependability by Anbu from Florida on 02/27/2010. Trim: 2002 Honda Accord EX V6 Sedan, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Great Car. Reliable. Still drives and looks like new.
Cons: Paint Faded because of the sun down here in Florida, repainted the roof and trunk. I wish it had the 240 hp engine. pickup is a little slow. Not that much fun
Overall review: I would reccomend this car to anyone. My father had it for the first 6 years and now I drive it. It is dependable. Iit just has lot of utility. It has 130k miles on it and still going strong.
i love my Accord SE!!!!!! by no lie, no lie from WestVirginia on 08/09/2012. Trim: 2002 Honda Accord, Owned 1 year.
Pros: EVERYTHING,(black Honda Accord SE sedan)love the power sun roof, the inside , outside , trunk room, very spacious,seats are comfy, very nice looking car and sporty wheels. easy to customize.. i have no complaints
Cons: nothing except the paint but the car is 9 years old so the paint will fade on the roof if you dont wax it, like any other car.
Overall review: i would recommend this car to anyone because its dependable, smooth driving, smooth shifting, good looking car, no engine problems after 155,000 miles and its still drives like new ,no transmission problems either
Classy car with VERY few repairs by Mr & Mrs Saelee on 11/03/2009. Trim: 2002 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Keeping in mind that this isnt a sports car, I LOVE how a soon as I touch the gas peddle I get a immediate responce. We maint. our accord very well and the engine is still strong, smooth and quite at 110k! & i dont drive like a granny. Body style still looks great for being a old car. Front hood & bumber is sporty. Trunk has lots of room. I just love how the steering is firm. Back seats have great room for a coupe.
Cons: When we first purchased this car, we both tended to peal out. Had to get used to the car. Seats have side wings that get a lot of wear sliding in and out. Not easy getting INTO the back seat (hey its a coupe). Noticed if you dont wax at least once a year paint fades (ours is great). Our CD changer took a dump - just wouldnt change cd's but radio was ok. Besides brakes, rotars, juice & tires.... We had to change to front rotors - i think from driving to seattle a few times.
Overall review: So worth the money - if you take care of a honda it WILL take care of you. Most reliable car we have owned. There parts may be more expensive to american cars BUT they have higher quality and performance. TAKE CARE OF YOUR INVESTMENT. Despite what other people say, never had any leaks or splatters, Engine or Tranny problems so far. Once my husband was first learning about A/C maint. (we live in CALI and for 3yrs straight our a/c had NO PROBLEMS until husband touched it) and over charged it. Took it into dealership-pressure off the wall bad - they told me I might need to buy a whole new system and IT WORKS GREAT! They just released pressure and got a new valve.