2002 GMC Sonoma

excelleant small Truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/03/2008. Trim: 2002 GMC Sonoma Ext. Cab SLS 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very clean and get good gas mileage.
Overall review: Min. Maintance
Great GMC Product by BigD From Mesa on 02/13/2008. Trim: 2002 GMC Sonoma SL 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is a great little truck and has plenty of power! I have the 4.3 Vortech V6 and it can get up and go! i like the CD player...Cruise....so overall it is a great truck cause it has a nice size bed for hauling those items you may need to carry with you!
Cons: I have really only one and that is that iI wish it had PW/PD but otherwise it is a really good truck!!
Overall review: This is a truck that if you buy will take you places you need to go
Sonoma zr2 review by mongo350 on 01/11/2007. Trim: 2002 GMC Sonoma Ext. Cab SLS 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: We bought our truck 2 years ago and only work we have had to do to it was a break job. So it is very reliable.
Cons: No heated seats.
Overall review: Because of how well this truck has held up that when it was time to get another (2nd) car/truck we bought a Sirra 1500 4X4
A Good Valued Truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/04/2005. Trim: 2002 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab SLS 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: We enjoy the ability to use the vehicle on the road or off the road. The ease of converting from 2WD to 4WD. The seating is great. The leather seats with the seat heaters are comforting in the winter months.
Cons: The size of the bed. You can not find any accessories for the bed. Like a sport tent or cargo net that will fit. The plastic gas tank always makes a popping noise.
Overall review: The Truck is a great vehicle. Other than the limited size of the bed, it rides nicely and has good overall features. Since the Canyon is replacing this line of truck, there is no need to suggest any improvements. However, if you are serious about buying a good used truck. You can not go wrong with the GMC Sonomoa Creb Cab.
Rare(?) GMC ZR-2 Sonoma 5 Speed Manual Tranny by Bill from CT on 02/19/2004. Trim: 2002 GMC Sonoma Ext. Cab SLS 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Being a ZR-2 (and apparently rare because of being a GMC Sonoma ZR-2 rather than a Chevy S-10 ZR-2), it is an extremely sharp looking truck. Very clean lines, front to back, back to front and top & bottom. Have rec'd many (positive) comments on the appearance of my 2002 ZR-2 Sonoma. Good on gas, does what I need it to do and is a real (black) beauty to boot.
Cons: Still, if anything at all bothered me about this truck would be it being just a bit to small. The door openings (getting in & out) and overall cab space is my only complaint(?) about the vehicle. But it is a Sonoma (same as a Chevy S-10) and as such is a smaller size pick-up. So, afterall, knowing this going in, is this really a complaint?
Overall review: A real nice (smaller size) pick-up truck. For me specifically, nicest vehicle I have ever owned outside of my 1969 Chevelle SS-396 I had back in the mid-seventies. My GMC ZR-2 Sonoma is black. A black beauty I say. Loaded. Every option except power seats. Even have the rare 5 speed standard transmission. My experience with the ZR-2 pick-up trucks is that 99% of them come through with the automatic tranny. Good if you dislike standard trannys. But if you are like me and prefer a manuel shift, finding a ZR-2 pick-up with a 5 speed standard transmission is a real treat. By the way, if anyone else has or knows of anyone who has a GMC ZR-2 Sonoma, drop me a line. Mine is STILL the only one I have ever seen. Chevy ZR-2 S-10's are everywhere but I have yet to see another GMC ZR-2 Sonoma.