2002 Chevrolet S10 Pickup

2002 Chevrolet S10 Pickup Prices
2002 Chevrolet S10 Pickup Fuel Economy
S10 4X4 Crewcab by Ryan in Iowa on 12/24/2008. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet S10 Pickup Crew Cab 4WD LS, Owned 7 years.
Pros: For the past 6 years the truck has been flawless aside from some minor itial breakin items. Keep in mind this is a smaller truck and will not perform as a large truck.
Cons: Wind noise is a bit more then expected.
Overall review: This truck has served me very well as a suburban grocery hauler. I have 70k on the brakes and tires and still no brake noise, great braking and tires still have good tread but will be replacing them shortly. I still cannot figure out why Chevy gave me an additional warranty to 90,000 or 7 years. Have never needed it.
Mechanical Issues by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/20/2010. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet S10 Pickup Crew Cab 4WD LS, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I bought the truck new in late 2001. I got with I think every option leather seats, power seats, heated seats, cd player, etc. Great little truck for the money and options.
Cons: Had problems with the heated seats not working which turned out to be the wiring being pinched into from being run under the seats brackets. Cruise control would work then not, problem turned out to be a short in the steering column. Then at just under 40k miles the engine developed a miss and got so bad that the truck wouldn't pull itself. Dealership said that the computer was spitting out codes like they had never seen before. After 2 months of the dealership and the GM engineering dept. working on the truck and over $2000 of GM's money on parts (not labor) they gave up and decided to give me a $3000 gift certificate on top of any rebates if I traded it. So I did.
Overall review: Rides nice, styling is great, great options, just to many mechanical issues for me to recommend this truck to someone else.
s10 Xtreme.... by Xtremefalcon on 01/21/2006. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet S10 Pickup 2WD LS, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I own a 2002 chevy s10 Xtreme single cab LS with the 4.3L v6. YES they do exist, and i find it disappointing that MSN autos didn't list all the options that the s10 was made with. Any how, STOCK that truck is VERY well done up. The suspension package allows the truck to keep up with (not beat in most cases) alot of sports cars that are in the same class. The 4.3 has plenty of get up and go, and when its matched with the 5 speed manual (like mine) it'll more then get the job done when its asked to.
Cons: onlything i have to complain about is from the factory chevy puts a radaiator coolant in called DEX cool, if you buy, get a radiator flush, and get a different type of coolent!! when DEX cool comes incontact with air it will start to gum up over time and eventualy cause your radiator to make the vehicle over heat due to lack of proper cooling.
Overall review: Although the s10 Xtreme was short lived (due to the s10's end production) the s10 name is imprented everywhere, the truck is very versitile.. the 4x4 s10's will do what their told to, the regular s10 is great for a good dependable work truck/ dayily driver, and the Xtreme's dominate a wide range of compititon in and out of the twisties, and on a track. I am very fond of my Xtreme and plan on keeping it for life while i make modifications to it throughout. I am always impressed by how well the truck handles STOCK and for a truck, it defintaly proves to people that trucks can become just as sportie and nimble in and out of the corners as many cars can. I've owned my truck sence it was brand new with only 17 miles on it (now has 38k) and i can say that yes i know there are lemons out there, but thus far i have had no major, or minor mechanical problems with the truck... i believe that no car or truck will so long as its properly taking car of. and to that i say good bye
S10 is better than the Colorado by Hirolln on 09/10/2004. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet S10 Pickup Crew Cab 4WD LS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great family vehicle. Tows way more than the new Colorado (5500 lbs vs 4000 lbs) and feels better doing it.
Overall review: Great truck! I would buy another one of these before I would buy that new fugly Colorado. The 4.3 V6 is bulletproof and it tows my boat like a dream. Great Job Chevy, wish you would have built this truck years ago
Great little truck by Joe Ohio on 09/29/2010. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet S10 Pickup 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The seats are very comfortable. The rear cargo door is a plus.
Cons: I really have nothing bad to say about the S10. Mine is a 4 cyl so its a little low on power but its not really a concern. I don't need a truck to hot rod around town.
Overall review: This is a very reliable truck. It runs great and is a smooth ride. I would reccomend this truck to anyone.