2002 Volkswagen New Beetle

Miss my Cherokee by What was I thinking on 10/12/2002. Trim: 2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Turbo S, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It's a nice car if your a girl or don't care about looking goofy
Cons: I am not a girl, I feel goofy. I don't know what I was thinking, the car is great, but if your an average guy and the 180hp six speed has you considering.....but your used to trucks and you have a little doubt........ don't get it, you will regret it later.....
Overall review: I miss my cherokee so much, I am trying to get out of this leqse and get an Xterra or something
the Sport has got game!!! by warm-machine on 03/26/2004. Trim: 2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Sport, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great styling on both the exterior and interior, as well as amazing handling and acceleration from it's tiny turbo power plant. I get plenty of looks and compliments. It's the most fun car I've owned.
Cons: The interior has extreme soft materials due to it's rubber coated plastic which are easily scratched/scarred/marked. There were also several recalls, from power window clips, ABS sensor, to the big one... coil packs (the engine didn't go no more). The warranty offered at the time I bought it was half as long as it is now.
Overall review: The Sport is a great version of the NB, however it had many issues beneath the surface that took away from the fun of owning the car at times. Luckily VW addressed them through recalls at no direct cost to the driver.
Review ID: #420441 Is this review offensive?
No complaints yet... by Having Fun on 04/10/2003. Trim: 2002 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2.0, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have only had my car for a month, but I am having a lot of fun driving it. I haven't had any problems so far!
Cons: The head room in the back seat.
Overall review: If you are looking for a fun car - Buy It! And get the standard!
Beautiful Car by Wisconsin on 03/01/2003. Trim: 2002 Volkswagen New Beetle GL, Owned 2 years.
Overall review: Great car, reliable. Have had a few recall notices, one included a window problem which of course reared its ugly head on a road trip when it was 10 degrees out and the window wouldn't roll up. Other than that the care has been reliable in the snow and is a gorgeous blue lagoon color.
Happy while buying - Sad while servicing by Joan from Austin, TX on 12/28/2002. Trim: 2002 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS TDI, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: A happy customer driving off the lot.
Cons: A very sad customer when needing service.
Overall review: Never mind how cute and fun this bug is. If it needs service, you will start hating your car. VW bad service is now legendary. After three VWs and trying three different dealers, I will never again purchase a VW. Based on feedback from other owners in my area, my experience is not isolated.