2002 Kia Sedona

2002 Kia Sedona Prices
2002 Kia Sedona Fuel Economy
Just Bought one yesterday! by Wayne from Austin, TX on 12/17/2003. Trim: 2002 Kia Sedona LX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: What a deal I got on it! $13k and with only 8300 miles on it with one owner. It's barely broken in. I have heard great things about these vans, but since I've owned it for only 24 hours now, I can't really give it an accurate review either way. So far I love it. My wife is crazy about it. So far, I love the smooth ride and how it handles, plus the roomy space inside. Great value overall!
Cons: The controls on the air and heater are a little confusing. There was no manual with the vehicle. I'm calling the dealer tomorrow to see about getting one.
Overall review: Seems to be great vehicle so far.
40,000 mile second review; still a winning buy. Excellent product! Buy 1! by Robert in Michigan on 03/25/2006. Trim: 2002 Kia Sedona EX, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Warranty coverage. Smooth, quiet ride. Quick acceleration. Trouble-free operation. The list of standard features on the EX trim over and above other manufacturers is amazing. Even a full-sized spare on competitors is a costly option, if available at all! I can't say enough positive things about this vehicle. I've never had a vehicle that has been so trouble-free and fun to drive.
Cons: Gas mileage! But what do you expect from something that weighs almost 5000 pounds? If the passenger side airbag ever deploys in the early models, the entire dash will have to be replaced; hope they will think this through with the next generation.
Overall review: It has been owned for 4 years, NOT < 1 as stated in the header. Don't know what is wrong there with MSN software. I selected 2002 as purchase year. Anyway...Unable to find my first review, but this van has been trouble free for the past four years. Purchased in April 2002 with 22 miles, it now has just passed 40,000 miles and has yet to let us down. It has taken us cross-country twice. The only thing I have replaced is the tires, otherwise, it has received regular oil / filter changes, tire rotations and the general minor maintenance required to keep a vehicle running. It has not been to the dealer for any work; NO mechanical breakdowns! The powertrain is as strong and vibrant as the day I drove it home four years ago.
Stay away from the Lemon by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/06/2005. Trim: 2002 Kia Sedona EX, Owned 3 years.
Pros: None
Cons: I have had to have my van in to the dealer 5 times for the check engine light. This is over a course of 2 months. The windshield wipers popped off the drive train in a blizzard. There have been problems with the electronic seats, the tires,the wheels and breaks. All in all, to coin a phrase... HATED IT
Overall review: POOR
Best buy for the money. by hilander62 from Spring Hill, FL on 08/23/2004. Trim: 2002 Kia Sedona EX, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Very sound and a pleasure to drive. Easy for us tall guys (6 foot or taller) to get in and out of. Price Price Price, Warranty.
Cons: Poor fuel economy, and could use a few more conveniences, such as electronic opening doors.
Overall review: Excellent vehicle.
Solid for the Money by mcmack from NC on 07/29/2004. Trim: 2002 Kia Sedona EX, Owned 3 years.
Pros: You could not get the extras that come with this van for the price that is offered from Kia any where else. I like the crash test results and the warranty
Cons: Pick up is kind of slow, even for a V6, and my keyless entry has only worked every now and then since I have owned the van. The ride is noisy on the highway.
Overall review: Very good for the money, I like the van.