2002 Hyundai Accent

2002 Hyundai Accent Prices
2002 Hyundai Accent Fuel Economy
One of the best cars I have ever owned by jane on 03/02/2012. Trim: 2002 Hyundai Accent GS, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I love this car, I purchased it at 80,000 miles, I had to replace the transmission at 100,000 miles. I replaced the air conditioning unit and that is about it for major repairs. The car is now at 160,000 miles and going strong. I keep thinking I will have to get a new one, but this one just keeps going.
Cons: It does not filter noise
Overall review: Wonderful
Best 10,000 g's I ever spent by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/07/2009. Trim: 2002 Hyundai Accent GS, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I've owned this vehicle since new, bought it in sept 02. I got the five speed manual. I see alot of complaints from people about the lack of power from this car. If your gunna buy a car with a 1.6 liter 4 banger you have to get the manual trannsmission. Automatics just eat up too much power. For a 1.6, I think that it gets up and moves pretty good. It's a fun car to drive. I've done all the regular maintenance myself and can say that for a do it yourself mechanic this car has been a dream to work on so far. Fuel filter is easy to get to, I did the timing belt myself, easier than expected, I check the brakes about once a year, still on the regular set after 65,000 miles, they wont die.
Cons: The paint is the weak part on this car. If you get rock chips, get touch up paint on them or the clearcoat will start to peal. The brakeing power is a little on the weak side. If my brakes ever decide to wear out I'm gunna try to upgrade to a higher quality set of rotors and pads. The suspension is soft especially with three to four adults in the car. Gas gauge has lost some accuracy, over the years. It's probably the sending unit in the tank but I'll worry about that when its time to change the pump. The fuel light still turns on accurately, I've never run out of gas so no biggy yet.
Overall review: Overall this car was worth my money. I consistently get around 34-38 miles per gallon city/highway combined. Not any problems with it yet. To all you people complaining about every little thing, what do you expect for 10,000 or less? I guess some people just wont be happy with anything no matter how little money they spend. I know this car would be less problematic than a 60,000 dollar porsche.
Hyundai Accent 2 Door Hatchback. by Peterborough, Ontario on 07/28/2010. Trim: 2002 Hyundai Accent GS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I a currently own a 2002 hydundia accent 2 door hatchback.
Cons: Currently 210000 KM's, Transmission was replaced at 140,000 KM's. Engine light keeps coming on.
Overall review: Car runs moderately well. Brakes are all working great. Except the Parking break does not work.
One Good Little Car by Eugene on 12/23/2009. Trim: 2002 Hyundai Accent GS, Owned 7 years.
Pros: reliable, easy to maintain, good mileage, easy on the pocket and a spirited car feel to it.
Cons: little noisy inside on city street
Overall review: I sold cars (Hondas, Pontiacs, and so on) for many years. This is a car I could have sold and felt that it was a good deal all around.
good car for the price by kev on 07/30/2009. Trim: 2002 Hyundai Accent GS, Owned 5 years.
Pros: small car that offered a little more refinement very little money. The 1.5-litre has proven to be a fairly durable engine.
Cons: The Accent is not good value on the used market. And the rust
Overall review: Hyundai Accent is protected by one of the best warranties in the business