2002 Volkswagen Cabrio

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Prices
2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Fuel Economy
TRULY A PIECE OF JUNK by NOT HAPPY AT ALL, fla on 02/14/2010. Trim: 2002 Volkswagen Cabrio GLX, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Looks great, EXCEPT FOR THE RUST
Cons: This 2002 VW Cabrio is the worst car i've ever purchased new in my life, I believed I was buying a german built quality car. Maybe the dealer should have disclosed to me it was actually built in Mexico. The car now has 75K on it and I have spent close to $11,000.00 in repairs. wheel bearings, drive shafts, 4 starters, window motors, locks dont work, 2 ignition switchs, heater lines, rust throughout ( I live in FLA ) A/c seals, still leaks. Volkswagon will do nothing for you. lousy brand, lousy service. Let the buyer beware. Adios Amigos !!!!
Overall review: HATE IT !!!!!
fun car by billybob on 01/25/2010. Trim: 2002 Volkswagen Cabrio GLS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Ageless styling that looks like a new car even today. Good handling, tight performance. i"m 6'-4" and there is plenty of leg room. Well appointed and ergonomic.
Cons: good gas milage, but could be better for the size of the car. I get 29-31 MPG highway
Overall review: great value, lots of fun, chicks dig it
Fun car! by Stephanie on 11/02/2009. Trim: 2002 Volkswagen Cabrio GLX, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Very fun little car to drive! It handles the road very well and love the curves. This is my first car and I am so glad that I got it. I've had it for 4.5 years and haven't had any major issues at all. I live in Oregon which is the rain state, and I've not had any rain leakage, which is kind of surpising!
Cons: The only con is the electrical system. I've had it go out on me twice, but thankfully it is covered by the extended warranty that I purchased with the car. I've had a few minor repairs to do, but nothing over $250.
Overall review: If you love driving on the curves, I would definitely recommend the Cabrio!
A Train Wreck Waiting to Happen by Aunt Lynnie - Naples, Florida on 08/28/2008. Trim: 2002 Volkswagen Cabrio GL, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Convertible top. Fun girlie girlie car. Great sound system. Heated seats. Good gas mileage. Handles very well on the Interstate. EZ to park.
Cons: Owned the car 6+ years. First few months SOLENOID issues. Car stuck in park in snow storms (in Colorado), and I was left stranded alone late at night waiting on tow trucks. Had to go to 3 different dealers before it was fixed. No CD player -- should be standard. Cup holder size. Cheezy, cheap quality; bits falling off and breaking. Seats are shredded, and I baby my car!
Overall review: I bought VW because I believed I was purchasing QUALITY. What I got was INFERIOR quality with OUTRAGEOUS maintenance costs. I love the vehicle; hate the quailty. Would NEVER buy another VW again. Hanging on to it since I have less than 100K on the engine, and only 7 miles each way to work. Saving up for a convertible BEAMER!! :-))
Review ID: #531922 Is this review offensive?
German Pointers on board!! by Going Topless on 03/29/2007. Trim: 2002 Volkswagen Cabrio GLX, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I love the look of this car and I get lots of strangers give me compliments, especially in the summer. My Cabrio is my German Pointermobile and I have modified the look with rear light package upgrade, flouresant bulbs, clear side markers, etc.
Cons: The expensive maintenance of this vehicle can break your bank account.
Overall review: If you're looking for a stylish car, this is your true bet!! You'll get attention everywhere you go, no matter how bad your hair looks!! Small and compact is why I chose this car, no regrets. I love my Cabrio!! I even loaded up the car with an 8 piece outdoor patio set, including the chairs, umbrella and glass table with the top down, try this for space on a compact car!! I go camping in the summer time and can load up the car with my two German Short hair dogs, bedding, tents, folding chairs, food, cooler, etc.....