1992 Ford F-150

1992 Ford F-150 pictures are not available
1992 Ford F-150 Prices
1992 Ford F-150 Fuel Economy
They don't make 'em like this anymore. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/09/2011. Trim: 1992 Ford F-150 S Reg. Cab Long Bed 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This vehicle has done 185,000 kilometers, and you wouldn't know the difference. Tons of power, the stick shift is perfect, the 4X4 will take you anywhere, and it has everything you need, stock. Sure, the 302 is a little thirsty compared to the econoboxes, but you don't have to drive these wearing a bag over your head.
Cons: The only problems with these vehicles are that they aren't being made anymore, and the tree huggers are trying to get these beauties crushed.
Overall review: Trucks from this age hearken back to the days when men where men, trucks were trucks, and both could work hard all day. Back when you didn't need a manicurist to come with your truck. When air conditioning was blasting down a back road at the limit, windows rolled down, playing country music. This vehicle is strong, powerful, and does everything it needs to do, and then some. Some complain about the performance, but it can do anything legal in most of North America no problem. If I have my way, this vehicle will never leave my ownership.
Review ID: #551911 Is this review offensive?
Love my Ford, hate to push Chevy and Dodges by Freightshaker on 04/18/2013. Trim: 1992 Ford F-150 Custom SuperCab Short Bed 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Much more reliable than any GM or Dodge that I have owned and had to push or have hauled home!
Cons: The automatic transmission has a shudder at 35-40 but does not slip, just annoying.
Overall review: Nice looking, smooth, safe, and inexpensive to drive and upkeep. Love my Ford!
Review ID: #571924 Is this review offensive?
One Reliable Truck by d from Amarillo, Tx on 09/12/2004. Trim: 1992 Ford F-150 Custom Reg. Cab Long Bed 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: The 4.9L inline isn't quick or fast, but it will pull. Still reliable after these 12 years I have owned it. Love that most of the torque is at such low RPM's. This looks, feels, and drives solid, like a truck should.
Overall review: Great truck, always reliable. Love that feel the twin I beam front end gives. The inline 6 cylinder is one of the great truck engines of all times. The styling in my opinion is classic, it looks like a truck with a hood that's big enough to get at the engine if you needed too. The heavier the load the better the truck runs and rides. One tough truck.
A clunky truck by A CarPoint Consumer on 08/19/2002. Trim: 1992 Ford F-150 Custom Reg. Cab Long Bed 2WD, Owned 10 years.
Overall review: a clunky truck that works
The truck that never dies... by Brent from Texas on 02/12/2012. Trim: 1992 Ford F-150 Custom Reg. Cab Long Bed 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Its a very reliable truck. I bought it to pull my boat, but ended up using it for all sorts of things. Comes in very handy! Built like trucks should be built, sturdy, strong , pulls well, and when it gets hot turn on the a/c and drive in comfort. Very smooth engine! I just rebuilt the heads and installed new head gaskets on the original block with 207,000 miles. It started on the third turn after put together and runs smooth as it was when I bought it. NO SMOKE! The valve seats were leaking causing it to smoke a little on hard acceleration and one bad valve. Now you can barely feel it run!
Cons: Diagnostics on the engine from the dealer was poor! It was running horribly and they told me the throttle body was the problem! That is a 300.00 part to replace (I'm sure at the mechanics shop it would be a 600 bux repair) It wasn't a one part fix, but the major problem was the throttle position sensor. (A 25.00 part) That got the check engine light off!! I replaced the fuel pump too (205,00 miles) and the truck had a whole new life! There is a little rust where the paint peeled off and its growing.
Overall review: I have had this truck since '98 with 140,000 miles on it when I bought it. It was maintained by a company very well, but it was a well used truck when I bought it with a lot of highway miles. Everything worked well and I returned 18mpg in the city and 20 on the highway with the 302 Engine. Don't drive it past 70mph or the mileage drops considerably to 15mpg on the highway. I have the tow package, and high speeds is not the trucks forte' but pulling is. At speed limit speeds it does very well on gas mileage. It is a good truck if you take care of it. I keep my oil changed on time, and make sure that the maintenance is kept up and the truck has never let me down! That is the kind of reliability I was looking for. I just can't get rid of it...