2002 Chevrolet Astro

2002 Chevrolet Astro Prices
2002 Chevrolet Astro Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
Sorry to see it not made any more. by GWD, Montreal Quebec Canada on 02/05/2009. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Astro AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Comfort in the ride. Great for trips. Seats up to 8 people or 7 full size car seats for the young kids. See the traffic above most cars and suvs. Can fit a 4 x 8 sheet inside with doors closed. Can fit 10 foot 2 x 4s inside with the doors closed and all the seats in. Low maintenance costs. Parts are cheep. My last 1993 Safari lasted till this year 2009 with 345,000 km. Never opened engine, transmission nor the all-wheel drive. Drove 2/3 in city. There is no matching vehicle to replace this, only full size vans with large gas requirements and terrible passenger comfort seating.
Cons: The aluminum piping and fittings rusted away from heavy salt use in winter on my 1993 Safari. 2002 uses more gas than my old van even though the same engine and drive train. Will do a complete tune-up and adjust the timing to get better mileage.
Overall review: Would buy a new model if they still made them. The so called replacement 2009 Traverse costs $40,000 and up and can not fit a sheet of wood inside on the floor. This was suppose to be the cheaper costing vehicle in the GM's lineup? Chrysler Dodge is selling the 2009 Journey starting at $18,995. for a well equipped model with better gas mileage. GM wonders why no one wants to buy their cars.
wish they still made this style of van by bill on 01/19/2009. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Astro 2WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: what is not to like, its been almost trouble free, maybe its due to all the highway driving I do, I now have 163,000 and it still runs very good, I have used to carry not only people but building materials as well and still continues to keep on plugging
Overall review: great
Astro Dog by 25 miles from the old Hamms beer brewery on 11/24/2008. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Astro AWD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I had the 1985 astro dog and hated it for 19 years and one day 269K rode like a cow down the road,So I bought another astro van,Has great rear heat and A-C.It will drag our 24' pontoon down the highway.19 MPG , HEY It's a truck not a soccer moms vechicle all the time. They quit making them so what am I going to do in 16 years when I have to get another one. PLUS it's AMERICAN MADE!!!
Cons: The rear seat to heavy and hard to remove. Could have more leg room up front.
Overall review: Get one before there all gone
Great family van but not fuel-efficient by ZenMama on 09/21/2008. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Astro AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: My Astro is roomy, comfortable, and rides great! Perfect amount of room for 5 kids plus all our stuff. I have driven on long cross-country trips in this van with my children and we have loved all the room. Storage compartments and cup holders all in perfect places, upholstory is sturdy, sound system is great, very minimal mechanical trouble. I have driven a VW bus, old school Toyota van, Toyota Previa, and Dodge Grand Caravan before this one, and I have to say (besides the Previa-purely based on the fact that the Previa had panoramic sunroof and moonroof and very few problems) the Astro has been my favorite.Not so stylish exterior but can be overlooked due to the excellent quality of vehicle
Cons: Gas milage stinks! I spend sooo much money fueling this van. I am conservative on my in-town driving because of this reason and still spend about $40 per week in fuel. I am considering purchasing a wagon for this reason. Also the back door and hatch has stopped working and I can't seem to get it open....something to do with the locking mechanism I'm sure.
Overall review: Great van! Great ride! Few problems (even at 135,000 miles.) But defintily not fuel-efficient.
The Ultimate family vehicle by Dan Cordell Black Mountain, North Carolina on 01/04/2008. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Astro AWD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I am surprised that GM would disscontinue the Astro Van. I owned a 1994, kept it for eight years, and traded it for a 2002. I would continue buying this vehicle if it were continued. It serves all of my familys needs with space and comfort. I would hope that GM would reconsider as there is nothing comporable on the market.
Overall review: Would buy another one if manufactured
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next