2002 Mazda Protege

PERFECT CAR by JAYZEE on 01/11/2008. Trim: 2002 Mazda Protege ES, Owned 6 years.
Pros: This car is very quick in town and has the power on tap when you want it. Also it's very comfortable for long trips, even in the back seat. The sunroof has been great with no problems. Not only is it quick but it also handles amazing around the corners. There's a lot more room inside than you'd think.
Cons: Only thing I don't like about this car is wind/road noise at higher speeds and I now have 103,000 miles on the car and the rear suspension seems louder when it hits bumps, but i'll be taking it in to the shop to get that checked out.
Overall review: Awesome Car! Buy It!
low profile motor's by tee on 11/22/2011. Trim: 2002 Mazda Protege ES, Owned 6 years.
Pros: styling,performance
Cons: body quality,wheel bearing's swaybar bushings & brake problem's
Overall review: put me off buying another mazda
Worst vehicle I have EVER owned by Shari, London Ontario on 10/03/2006. Trim: 2002 Mazda Protege LX, Owned 4 years.
Pros: So far...nothing.
Cons: I have had nothing but problems.At 30000kms I had to have the transmission replaced luckily under warranty,102,000kms I had to have transmission replaced again,for the same issue,internal problems, this time outside of warranty and had to pay for it. Both times were internal issue with the transmission I have also had to replace the stabilizer links, alternator,battery,2 serps belts, coroded oil pan, brakes, rotors
Overall review: I do not recommend this vehicle. If you want something reliable DO NOT buy Mazda. I bought this car thinking I could rely on it and my daughter and I would have a reliable vehicle to get to work and her to school. I have had more problems with this car then I have ever had with any other car I have ever owned. I take care of my vehicles, as I need and rely on it, and am very very disappointed with this car.
little cheap car. by xxmichoxx at Miami on 10/01/2006. Trim: 2002 Mazda Protege LX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: the gas mileage.
Cons: this car is a health hazard, the breaks are poor, accelaration is quick but after 45mph, its very difficult to overtake following cars due to the weak and small engine. on the turnpike, at speeds of 60pmh+, the car shakes as if its going to fall apart. i fear for my safety and others around me. but what can u expect from the price.
Overall review: i would only suggest this car to someone thats broke and cant afford something better. and i would tell them to drive carefully, cuz u cant depend on the breaks to prevent you from a collision.
mazda protege baby by Chris from Houston, Tx on 01/23/2004. Trim: 2002 Mazda Protege LX, Owned less than 1 year.
Overall review: very good acceleration and handling