2002 Volkswagen Passat

wvwpd63b22p352221 by vitalyn51 on 04/10/2011. Trim: 2002 Volkswagen Passat GLX, Owned 2 years.
Pros: comfort, set to velocities, reliability
Cons: quality покраски, difficulty under repair
Overall review: reliable car high quality for moderate price
Review ID: #551926 Is this review offensive?
It's OK, but I wouldn't buy another one. by Mark on 02/19/2010. Trim: 2002 Volkswagen Passat GLS, Owned 9 years.
Pros: This car drives very well. It is comfortable, get good gas mileage and the Monsoon stereo is awesome.
Cons: Frequent and expensive problems... started with the engine coils (recall and class action law suit), then an air conditioning problem, an oil sludge problem (no law suit yet) with oil getting into the coolant and now a transmission problem.
Overall review: I like Volkswagen over other cars/dealers, because their cars look good and when buying one, they don't make you pay extra for the little things like floor mats. However, I just can't bring myself to buy another one since I've had such bad luck with reliability.
'02 VW Passat by Mike on 12/13/2006. Trim: 2002 Volkswagen Passat GLS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: good
Cons: The only true problem that i am encountering with this car is that the paint on the front roof line and the rear roof line is slowy chipping away.
Overall review: I would reccomend a VW Passat to anyone who wants a safe, dependable car.
Fun to Drive by Jeff on 03/02/2003. Trim: 2002 Volkswagen Passat GLS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great styling, fun to drive. Interior well appointed. Great overall handling in bad weather.
Cons: Insufficient power from a stop. Seems governed at times. 1.8T has good acceleration when floored, but is difficult to regulate power to feel a smooth acceleration.
Overall review: Great car, fun to drive but lacking in power. Perhaps the V6 or the W8 make the difference, but the 1.8T has acceleration issues. Service has been good for me, but I've had the car for less than a year.
150,000 miles and going strong! 1.8T GLS by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/23/2011. Trim: 2002 Volkswagen Passat GLS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: First of all, it's the 4-cyl. 1.8T. The paint quality matches that of my BMW! The styling is very attractive, though the ride height is a bit high for my liking. Nothing has gone wrong yet (knock on wood) and I change the oil every 3500 miles with fully synthetic and Lucas oil myself. Average gas mileage, dependable, and real good grip and handling at speeds well over 90 mph! Tiptronic is a dream, helps the car go from 20-100 mph in a blink of an eye, if you're into that. The blue interior lights are hot too.
Cons: From 0-20 it's sluggish, needs an increase in initial torque. Premium only kills me a bit, but worth it. Parts aren't too cheap, but then again, what German car has cheap parts? Do not get one with cloth seats, get leather, it's much better.
Overall review: I personally will only buy VW, BMW, and SAAB. This car has convinced me to buy another VW in the future. It is incredibly fun to drive and own. A buy I don't regret, again, knock on wood!