2002 Ford Escape

High Mileage Escape by JP85257 on 08/16/2011. Trim: 2002 Ford Escape XLT Premium 2WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I like the fuel mileage and the power. it was a mild sleeper as far as the power went. It handles well and still looks good after 9 years in the Arizona sun.
Cons: The driver's seat isnt the most comfortable and the center console peeled and the cd changer had to be replaced 2 times.
Overall review: My mom bought the car new and put 40k miles in the first year and it has stayed in the family. It has been driven cross country 2 times and yes....The transmission went out at 196,000 miles. I found that pretty impressive and it shows what a little maintanance does on a car. The mechanic I take it to says that the engine is like new. Today I hit 250,000 miles and couldnt be prouder of my little car.
Money pit! by hunnib, Northern Virginia on 02/01/2008. Trim: 2002 Ford Escape XLS V6 Choice 2WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Bought in Nov. 2001. It was great for the first year I had it and then...
Cons: So many problems. Replaced - master cylinder, front sway bar end links, O2 sensor, both airbag sensors, torque converter, rear engine mount. All of this, with the exception of the O2 sensor, replaced after warranty expired. OF COURSE!!! Rear tailgate lock works about 20% of the time I need it to. My Escape is currently at the dealership again, as my transmission gave out on me and leaked everywhere! Why is it that there is an "idiot light" to tell me that my seat belt is not yet buckled, but not one to tell me that I have little or no transmission fluid!
Overall review: Needless to say, I will never buy a Ford again! I wouldn't recommend this vehicle to my worst enemy. Really should stick to my Honda roots!
Great Get a way by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/10/2010. Trim: 2002 Ford Escape XLS V6 Choice 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: If I were to buy another vehicle it woud surely be an escape. It is comfortable, handles great never had any serious problems with the car itself. my husband and I owned for 6 yrs.
Overall review: a ok
Our Escape by Ken on 03/01/2010. Trim: 2002 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Looking for a vehicle for around town and short trips we ran across a 2002 Escape. Not really looking for the 4wd after driving it we were very impressed and negoiated a deal. There really is much we don't like. It is great little vehicle and will most likely get another when the time comes.
Cons: Seats could be a little more comfy
Overall review: This was a one owner vehicle with mostly highway miles. We purchased it with a 129K on it and people who look at it and drive with us can't believe it has that many miles. Our son drives it back and forth to college and it is performing well. We have only had it a few months and are pushing 135k right now. My son has informed me that when the time comes to upgrade he wants the Escape. Great mileage, good size, fun to drive, way to go FORD!
THE GREAT ESCAPE by JEFFREY C. FROM ORANGE, TEXAS on 05/12/2009. Trim: 2002 Ford Escape XLT Premium 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I FIND IT TO BE "JUST ENOUGH" VEHICLE FOR ME; ROOMY FOR ITS SIZE AND FUN TO DRIVE. I LIKE THAT THE SEATS ARE EASY TO FOLD DOWN AND CREATE A FLAT ROOMY SURFACE FOR CARRYING "STUFF". I LIKE THE "FULL CONSOLE" BETWEEN THE FRONT SEATS AND THE WINDOW AND LOCK CONTROLS (IN MY OPINION) ARE CONVENIENT. I'D SAY THE ESCAPE WAS A RUGGED LIL' SUV FOR IT'S BUILD. NOT A BAD FACTORY SOUND SYSTEM W/ SIX CD PLAYER.
Cons: JUST MINOR ISSUES - NO LIGHTED KEYHOLES IN DOOR OR IGNITION. THE DOME LIGHT SWITCHES ARE INCONVENIENT, DOOR PANEL FABRIC "PEELING" AWAY FROM PANELS. I WISH THE REAR WINDOWS WOULD GO ALL THE WAY DOWN INSTEAD OF HALF WAY. THE FINISH ON THE OVERHEAD LUGGAGE RACK COULD BE BETTER,IT IS BEGINNING TO PEEL (BUT THE VEHICLE (2002) IS AN OLDER MODEL NOW - NONE OF THESE ISSUES ARE UNFORGIVABLE, THE VEHICLE IS STILL IN GREAT SHAPE IN THE LOOKS DEPT AND STILL RUNS LIKE A CHAMP!
Overall review: GREAT VEHICLE OTHER THAN THE MINOR PROBLEMS LIKE DOOR PANEL FABRIC "PEELING" AWAY FROM THE DOOR PANELS, INCONVENIENT DOME LIGHT SWITHCHES, LUGGAGE RACK FINISH AND REAR WINDOWS THAT ARE DESIGNED TO ONLY GO HALF WAY DOWN. - THE VEHICLE IS STILL IN GREAT SHAPE IN THE LOOKS DEPT AND STILL RUNS LIKE A CHAMP! I BOUGHT MINE CERTIFIED PREOWNED IN 2004 AND NOW HAVE OVER 100K MILES IT (THAT I PUT THE BULK OF MYSELF) IT HAD LOW MILES WHEN I PURCHASED IT IN 2004. SINCE OWNING THE ESCAPE I'VE ALWAYS CONSIDERED BUYING ANOTHER ONE WHEN THE TIME COMES, PERHAPS A HYBRID THIS TIME - WHO KNOWS, BUT VERY POSSIBLE. I LOVE IT AND AM STILL HAPPY WITH IT - WOULD SURELY RECOMMEND THIS VEHICLE - AND HAVE!