2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe Prices
2002 Chevrolet Tahoe Fuel Economy
Luv my Truck-Car by millerscave on 09/25/2011. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Has always been ready to go. Was great for carring 8 people, or 6 plus luggage. Great view while driving, so as to watch out for the other drivers. Has been great for occasional travel trailer towing, with the 5.3 V8; since new-19.9 mpg Hwy, 16-17 commuting and 10-12.5 mpg towing a 24' travel trailer.
Cons: Same problem as my old 90 Astro Van, GM's "in-the-tank" gas pump & filter has had to be replaced twice, with 142K miles
Overall review: For 9 years, it's been a great ride
"MY BIG WHITE HOE" by MAGILLA on 07/20/2011. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I like the way it handles ,very roomy..
Cons: What it dont like is the front and rear bumpers are rusting like mad, and its not because its not taken care of...
Overall review: Besides that I LOVE MY Z71 TAHOE.
A great Chevy Tahoe using the big frame. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/10/2011. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Everything. We have the split hatch where the window comes up and the bottom drops. Great storage space. Very roomy.
Cons: I have none.
Overall review: Pleasant to drive in all weather conditions.
My Favorite Vehicle by John from Cali on 05/19/2011. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Bought my 2002 Tahoe new in December, 2001. Now has 190k miles and runs strong. Only mechanical issue has been fuel pump; replaced at 88k and again at 177k. Did rear brakes at 115k and front at 150k. Also did "tune-up" at about 130k, which was basically changing plugs. Never had a transmission problem, but I hear that is a common issue. While the gas mileage is not great (avg 18 mpg on highway) it is a comfortable vehicle to travel in, and I feel safe. I use it to pull my boat and it nevers falters. Very simply, this is the best vehicle i have owned, and after almost 10 years I am somewhat "attached" to this vehicle!!! My goal when I bought it was: 10 years and 200k miles.
Cons: Typical GM issues: a piece of exterior trim went bad and dealer refused to replace (out of warranty by less than 10k miles). There is an issue in the steering column/linkage which was a "warranty" issue and called for replacement. My dealer "lubed" the linkage instead of replacing it, so it started "clunking" again. So, now I just take it to a local garage every few years for re-lubing and it's fine. There are some miscellaneous interipr trim issues, and the dash lights go out sometimes (I see others have this same problem) so i can't see the odometer regularly. I've been told it's a major job to repair and requires pulling the dash, so it will stay the way it is!!
Overall review: Other than a few minor issues with GM quality, it is the best vehicle (and longest one) I have ever owned.
Ol reliable by Bill in Ashburn on 04/19/2011. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Love my Tahoe. 166,000 and going strong!! Been extremely reliable
Cons: Uugghh, gas prices are going up again.
Overall review: Looking to buy another one in a couple years
Review ID: #552063 Is this review offensive?