2002 Mitsubishi Lancer

the best car if u have money 2 fix it up by streetracer619 on 03/29/2002. Trim: 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like this alot. style is allmost exact like EVO series. if u have money 2 hook up a car this is the one. plus not much people kno about lancers so u'll be one of a kind unlike civics, integras, eclipes, supras and ect.
Cons: this car is ok for goin 2 work and home ,but for racers like me it could use at least 30 more hp stock (to make at least 150hp stock). and also the OZ should have an engine upgrade from the ES and LS.
Overall review: this is an exellent car if u have money to add power like an exaust system, intake, turbo kit, intercooler, and headers < this is only engine parts not apperence parts for people that dont kno.
Lancer - the little engine that could by Commuter from Seattle on 07/22/2010. Trim: 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer ES, Owned 8 years.
Pros: I have bought this car used in 2002 with ~27,000 miles on it and owned it for 5 years with a total of ~150,000 miles accumulated. Engine conveys a sense of sportiness and it tries to deliver that sporty compact pep even with an automatic transmission. The interior of the car was nicely styled and I liked the layout of the instruments in the dashboard (easy to use). One thing that stood out for me were its headlights. On very dark streets the coverage of ones own lane and adjacent lane is very good. Having been caught in a snow storm I was very impressed with the car due to its FWD and raised height (road to bumper space). The mileage is pretty good and it uses regular gasoline.
Cons: The seats are the least favorite for me on this car. This is the one thing I would really change. They are set by default too high. It is not for taller people. They are also quite uncomfortable especially on longer rides (tall or not). Mechanically, there were few problems (excluding regular maintenance). I did hit a pot hole once with slightly greater speed and had to buy a brand new wheel completely since it suffered a dent. Being a smaller and lighter car makes it dangerous when driving on roads where there are side winds. I was once pushed two lanes across a highway due to its light weight. My car did not have any ABS.
Overall review: Overall, the Lancer is a great compact car especially for around the city and a little bit of highway driving. The gas mileage is good and the engine is very responsive, which makes it fun to drive. Maintenance is not a big deal. My transmission did start to show signs of age after 150,000 miles but I believe that this is completely normal. The seats are really bad in my opinion and uncomfortable. The interior colors, radio, dashboard and exterior are all very good. Trunk space is ok.
fast looking by leelee from TN on 08/11/2008. Trim: 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I love the look of it. Very comfortable and spacious.
Cons: I have had some minor problems..such as the brakes. It slides in even an inch of rain and forget about going out in the snow.
Overall review: I have had a few problems with the dealership where I bought it. I had a minor problem a couple of years ago and they refused to even look at it.
Best car I've ever had! by Jason from Chicago on 07/27/2008. Trim: 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally, Owned 6 years.
Pros: After 126,000 miles I've never taken the car to a shop...not once. There has never been a single problem and it still averages 35 mpg. I've never liked a car this much. I think it looks great, drives great and holds up great.
Cons: Acceleration is dismal. I have a 5-speed manual and with the OZ Rally trim package, it looks like a street racer. Looks are deceiving in this case, though. Fortunately, I wasn't looking to race it when I bought it so it's not a big issue.
Overall review: I'd recommend this car to anyone, and I often do. My next car will definitely be another Lancer
Great Drive at Fair Price by Ben on 05/26/2008. Trim: 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Sporty style and performance, terrific gas mileage (ave. 35 mpg), great overall value
Cons: only has front airbags, smaller trunk space than a Dodge Neon, mediocre stereo system
Overall review: This car has been solid. I have owned it for 6 years and driven nearly 140,000 miles and it has performed excellently. I love the gas mileage, approx. 35 mpg on my manual transmission. It has survived a T-bone accident on the passenger side with no injuries. The price ($16,000) made this car a great value and I have been very happy with it as my first new car after college. It has enough flair to be respected and overall is a great value. I would highly recommend this car to anyone.