2002 Audi S8

Best Performance Sedan by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/01/2003. Trim: 2002 Audi S8 4.2, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Really an amazing car!
Cons: None. Well maybe that I dont own an S8.
Overall review: GREAT
Satisfy your Id! by DocNet from Seattle on 03/09/2002. Trim: 2002 Audi S8 4.2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: 1) Performance...There is something about having just the right amount BHP's under the hood. 2) Resonance...Audi engineers certainly did a number on tuning the muffler to create the sound of power. 3) Suspension...In my 11 year old boy's terms the suspension is "Tight!" and by golly I agree with him. 4) Seats...The ortho seats are great for both short and long distance driving. 5) Quattro...Equally impressive handling on wet and dry pavement.
Cons: 1) Tail...I am not very impressed by the rear design of the car. I suppose the tail lights are kind of Japanese looking. 2) Driver Controls...The controls are still not very friendly. It takes a while for you to get used to. 3) Navigation System...This is probably the worst feature in the car. Audi certainly has to learn from their Bavarian rivals to design a better nav system.
Overall review: Initially I had my heart set on the BMW 745i, no doubt that the 745i is a superb machine and the iDrive is a technological wonder, which I kind of fancied, but the rest of the driver controls are pretty cumbersome and perhaps an overkill. Audi has taken a well balanced approach towards luxury and performance. There are no cheesy gizmos and gadgets. The dash illumination could be a little subtle but that appears to be the VW influence. The sound system is pretty awesome but sometimes it feels like as if it does not put out enough decibels. Overall, Audi S8 is a simple car with a lot of power, superb acceleration, great ride, absolute stability and road holding, and very confortable seats. I believe that I made the right choice and bought her.
Outstanding Sports Sedan by Car Lover from Ontario, CA on 12/05/2001. Trim: 2002 Audi S8 4.2, Owned less than 1 year.
Overall review: Outstanding car both in performance and quality. Congratulations to Audi.
Japanese Killer !! by John Buhre on 11/10/2001. Trim: 2002 Audi S8 4.2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Japanese Killer !!
Cons: Japanese Killer !!
Overall review: Japanese Killer !!
if you got money to burn... by Raudi McAudi on 10/30/2013. Trim: 2002 Audi S8 4.2, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Fun to drive in winter and has good horsepower.
Cons: Fun to drive but a complete rip off for service and parts. Brakes warp regularly, one time 1300 miles old on my dime. Examples of some estimates and things I've paid for: $3000 to replace the drive shaft & front rubber torque mount $2500 to replace the steering gear $392 for front brake lines $1400 for belly pan/engine guard $500 for driver door window switch $270 to silicone(seal) the oil pan $1080 for front brake pads & rotors $1600 for timing belt and water pump $1600 to replace the AC compressor/clutch $1080 for 1 plastic headlight assembly ETC... it will never end
Overall review: :( Audi is currently working on the same issue on my car dating back to late 2011. Fixed right the first time? Yeeeeaa right! Literately two years later, thousands of dollars in unpaid wages and wasted on "here's your problem", my car has the exact same issue. I wouldn't send my mother’s murderer in for service. I've used Audi Service Dept. for two of my Audi S8's. My wife and I have both noticed unnecessary service requests. I've personally had multiple misdiagnoses of problems that didn't even exist and in the process felt rushed out by the service manager many times. Not to mention I've had to deal with 5-6 different Audi service advisers. They can't seem to keep them around very long. Also, My wife won't go anymore without me or at all. In her experiences, if she was clueless "like, I think the muffler belt is squeaking", they would fail miserably by pushing unnecessary fixes to imaginary problems In reality, her and I both knew what need to be done and at what cost.