2002 Toyota Tundra

very nice Truck by Carl on 03/25/2010. Trim: 2002 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: I Love it every thing OK
Cons: None
Overall review: My Favorite Truck.
Great Truck by SallyForth from California on 10/21/2012. Trim: 2002 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab 2WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: I have owned this truck for ten years now. I did have to replace the timing belt ( and water pump for preventative maintenence) at 123,000 miles. Other people are reporting brake problems, I haven't found that to be true. We did beef up the suspension because we haul heavy loads with it, we are not kind. It kind of ruined the car-like drive. I love this truck. It has been used for everything from work to the family station wagon. Pulls any load like it's not even there. I have the V8 and am still averaging 17 mpg. I'm at 134000 miles now and still don't want to get rid of it.
Cons: the back seat is not that comfortable, while it was fine when the kids were little, now that they are 6'1", it's a problem. I too wish the dash had better lighting. Not much to complain about.
Overall review: This has been one terrific truck. At 134000 miles, she is not slowing down. I have no doubt she could go 300,000 plus miles
Excellent Truck by Joe from Texas on 01/10/2009. Trim: 2002 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab 2WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Everything, I have the 3.4 V6 with 123,000 and no problems at all. It is a little slow off the line but has plenty of highway passing power. Unlike some other reviews, I have had no problems with the brakes and have actuallly only changed the pads once and it had the original pads when i bought it.
Cons: I guess the only downside would be rear seat room. My son's car seat touches the center console, but on the upside he is within reach while on road trips.
Overall review: By far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Would highly recommend and will buy another. Can't say enough about this truck it has been perfect.
flyer by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/07/2008. Trim: 2002 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab 2WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: reliability
Cons: hard to park
Overall review: outstanding truck
Great Truck by Justin from FL on 03/10/2008. Trim: 2002 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab 2WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: This truck is about 7/8 the size of regular full-size pickups with all the power. I have the V8 model with TRD offroad suspension and I love it. It's quick off the line and has the ability to tow just about anything you throw at it. Bought it with well over a hundred thousand miles on it and it has never had a problem after three years. I am not kind to it either. The interior is pretty comfortable and and spacious up front. It has more cup holders than seats and the radio isn't too bad either. I have hauled up to 1200 lbs of rocks in the back several times and as far as starting and stopping, the truck didn't even know they were there.
Cons: The brakes need replacing fairly often. Even with brand-new tires the truck tends to slip and slide in moderate to heavy rain. The backseat is uncomfortable, you can feel a rod or something pressing into your back. Some parts of the interior are pretty breakable. I have had to replace the air conditioning knobs about three or four times now. The engine light came on and is due to an airflow sensor that the computer continues to think is bad even though it has been replaced. The gas gauge does not go down when the truck is running. You have to shut the engine off for about ten to fifteen minutes to get an acurate reading. Does not get anything close to the EPA estimated fuel economy.
Overall review: After having owned this truck for three years, I can confidently say that all in all, this is a great truck for anyone who doesn't have a large family to haul around. It's really quick and responsive for a pickup, it's got great brakes, it can easily haul the seven thousand pounds that it is rated for and it looks pretty good too. This is a great pickup. It has been reliable, fun to drive, and most of all, helpful and very useful. I get complimented on this truck fairly often as well. I would highly recommend this truck to just about anyone. Everyone else I know that has one loves theirs too.