2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Prices
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Fuel Economy
Best Diesel ever made, 6.6L Duramax LB7 by Billy from Harrisburg NC on 01/20/2011. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Short Bed 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: I read all these reviews about problems with this truck?? If you don't get the diesel in it, what is the point? That is why you have all the problems. With the Diesel, all the power you want, Allison trans never break!!! I have had mine for over 7 years, only thing that has failed on the truck is the water pump.
Cons: NONE
Overall review: Have towed over 14,000 lbs off the factory hitch, try that one with any engine, I dare you? Had chains on the back tires & went 2,000 feet on a 45% incline in maggie Valley NC to my cabin in 3 foot of snow this past weekend, My friend has new Toyota Tundra with all options, got stuck with chains on all four tires in the first turn, S_ _ t !!! truck, 10 recalls, ha ha, tail gate broke with hauling a ATV (wtf??) I would not take one of those trucks if it was FREE!
CAN'T GET A BETTER TRUCK THAN THIS ONE by ROCKET 88, RICHMOND, VA. on 05/15/2004. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: absolute excellent towing vehicle, will tow heavy loads very well,very comfortable on long hauls. 6.0 engine runs excellent.
Cons: engine noise at cold start, but goes away quickly, but should'nt have any at all for the price.
Overall review: highly recommended , the best truck there is - WORLD WIDE.
Not a good truck doesnt last by Miki Colorado Springs, Co on 05/06/2010. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Ext. Cab Short Bed 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: What I like about the Chevy is the power for pulling horses and hay it was very good for that
Cons: I hate about the truck is that we bought it used and had it checked out by a mechanic and he said it was in good condition. We drove the truck for about a year with not problems then the minute it hit 100,000 miles it has been horrible. Front ball joints went out 1300.00 in repair. Next we had a leak in the transmission which cost us 800.00 because my husband pulled the transmission out which saved us a bunch. Got that fixed in Nov then one month later the transfer case blew a huge hole in it. Now we are looking at at least 2000.00 dollars in repairs. Why is cant American cars last more that 100,000 miles. Did I mention that the 4 wheel drive has gone out too.
Overall review: They can bash Toyota all they want the truth is they build a superior product I have had my 4 runner for 11 years with 230,000 miles and it has never given me these kinds of problems I even pulled a two horse steel trailer the other day with a horse in it. I had to pull my husbands big CHEVY HD truck out of a snow drift with the 4-Runner pretty sad. I cant wait to get rid of this truck and the next vehicle will be another Toyota
Chevy is hard to beat! by oldchevyluver on 01/16/2010. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT Ext. Cab Long Bed 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Uncertain where MSN got its stats on Chevy being second, can only tell you that its overall quality outrates any competitor on the market. I only have 102,000 maintenance free miles on this truck and it continues to prove its worth every single day. From payload, driveability and comfort, this truck has been the best I have ever owned. I have a 48 1-ton, a 85 1-ton and a 52 3/4 ton, all are superior in workmanship and longevity.
Cons: Nothing to speak of. I wish I had ordered mine with leather but the cloth is great!
Overall review: Excellent vehicle, no major ordeals. just a side note, a deer hit my right front fender, the bodyshop that I took it to informed me that Chevrolet and GM trucks are built bettter than the others to the extent their parts are better made, welds are better and overall quality from a struture viewpoint are superior.
a great truck by slupo on 10/14/2009. Trim: 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT Ext. Cab Short Bed 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: great trk...love the 4wheel on the fly.it handles great.empty and under a heavy load.love it! it's always there when i need it.
Cons: no diesel
Overall review: love that chevy trk, picking up my NEW 09 next week,2500HD,4X4,DIESEL,LONG BED