2002 Toyota 4Runner

2002 Toyota 4Runner Prices
2002 Toyota 4Runner Fuel Economy
Great Truck by Third 4-Runner on 09/26/2002. Trim: 2002 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great vehicle! This is 3rd 4Runner disappointed that the 4 speed is no longer available. Leather interior was after market and botched by the installer, dealer rep lack of follow up left me with leather on drivers' side needing adjustment.
Cons: Not enough power and need a little more room.
Overall review: Still a great vehicle.
Best Built Vehicles by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/04/2006. Trim: 2002 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: First and foremost, the quality is top notch. Great ride, interior is well appointed, very quiet. Really can't see why anyone would buy a Lexus when they can get the same vehicle with a Toyota badge. I have owned domestic vehicles for several years, and have finally seen the light! It is no wonder Toyota's hold their value like they do.
Cons: Could use a little more power.
Overall review: Since last year I have replaced all of my previous vehicles with Toyota's. Most recently, I replaced my Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 4 Runner. I am a customer for life!
4 runner 4 ever by Jeff from SWFL on 09/06/2009. Trim: 2002 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4X2, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Here are some of the items I like most about my 4-runner. Power rear window, roof rack, running boards, dependability, turning radius, exterior stlye, and value
Cons: There are only a few things I would change if Toyota was building a vehicle just for me. I would like an armrest on the front seats, a more fuel efficent engine, and guages that were backlit in a color that is sharper to the eye at night.
Overall review: The best feature on this vehicle is the build quailty. I never worry about it breaking down. It is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned and continues to perform the same year after year. I have a hard time understanding how this vehicles gets 100k miles out of a set of brakes and gets better gas mileage the longer I own it. The only thing I have fixed after 145,000 miles is the wipers, tires, timing belt, and brakes. Gas mileage isn't great, but I now get 18-19mpg for a vehicle this size. One other positive about this vehicle is that it has kept its resale value even though it has high mileage. I would recommend this vehicle to friends and family.
OOPS TRUCK by THE DRIVER FROM MARYLAND on 02/06/2006. Trim: 2002 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4X4, Owned 4 years.
Pros: When I first bought the truck I really loved the truck, it rides well and gave a good performance, but with all things that can change too.
Cons: Well over the last few year the truck has become more of a problem than a blessing. When I bought this truck I just knew that at least the Transmission was going to out last the Ford Exployer 99 that I traded it in for a New Toyota 4 runner but I was wrong this tranmission is already gone out at 87,000 mile. Now with the transmission out of service the air cencers is going out to make matters even more to repair, every time I take it in one thing it's turns into another matter of repair cost!!!.
Overall review: I made a very bad choice in bying this SUV 4X4 TRUCK.
Good Looking Truck by TruckSmoosier from Hoosier on 08/21/2002. Trim: 2002 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Body Style, Option Package Content, Price
Cons: Has absolutely No Pickup(Acceleration)
Overall review: OK so far. Brakes are Soft and you need to press harder than I am used to; acceleration is POOR.