2002 Chrysler 300M

My "M" by 300m lover from Pittsburgh on 02/16/2010. Trim: 2002 Chrysler 300M Sedan, Owned 5 years.
Pros: It handles like no other! For being a large vehicle, it does not handle like one. The interior is huge but feels comfortable. On cold days, the heated seats come in great use. The driver info center is very useful and easy to use. The dash lights are bright and gorgeous at night. The 3.5 high output engine is very responsive. All around, its a great car.
Cons: The transmission shifts a little too smoothly. Autostick is a nice device but it isn't "wonderful." Road Noise is moderately loud. Tires are pretty expensive.
Overall review: I would trust this car to take me anywhere. It is very reliable, sturdy, and elegant. Its a great car for someone who really wants to have a bond with their vehicle, personally. I had considered other cars such as the Cadillac Eldorado and the Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, but choose this one because I loved it! I also really like the fact that all I have had done to the car is regular maintenance which includes the 100,000 mile service that includes changing the timing chain/belt and water pump. It is rather pricey but it is well worth it! If you have the opportunity to buy one, get one! My next car will either be a 300m Special or the new 300c or Charger R/T. Good job Chrysler!
Very sporty vehicle by Terry on 01/12/2009. Trim: 2002 Chrysler 300M Pro-AM, Owned 6 years.
Pros: styling
Cons: had problem with check engine light numerous of times, end up beiing a small crack in the fuel tank with only about20,000 miles on it. road tire noise
Overall review: very good
Somewhat problematic by Andy from Peoria on 11/30/2005. Trim: 2002 Chrysler 300M Special, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I chose the Special over the standard 300M because I liked the additional overhead digital options it had (tire pressure monitor), the heated seats, the spoiler, the wheels, the tilt side rear-view mirrors, and the projector beam headlights.
Cons: I preferred the softer suspension of the standard 300M. The Special is too stiff. The turning radius isn't nearly as good as some other vehicles I've owned. The biggest problem I've had is with the transmission. I just had the transmission completely replaced at 46,000 miles! The shifter cable had to be replaced at purchase (27,000 miles). The display on the digital climate control will go black intermittantly. The rear window is hard to see out of. Also, my power moonroof motor has gone bad, and needs replaced at an appraised $500. And lastly, one of my rear struts has come un-welded to the mounting bracket causing it to ride extremely rough.
Overall review: I've had more problems with this car in the time period I've owned it (1 year) than most of my previous cars.
300M Special "A Great American Made Car by First Time Chrysler Buyer on 09/20/2002. Trim: 2002 Chrysler 300M Special, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great Car! Love the styling and performance! Chrysler has done a good job with the Special. There is no reason why ANYONE needs to buy a Japanese or German automobile to get good quality and performance. If you look at the new Nissans (MotorTrends Car of the Year?) I think you can see that the 300M somewhat influenced their styling but this was probably done to satisfy those stupid AMERICANS who can't buy anything but something not US made like the BMW NUT who criticizes the 300M!
Cons: None so far
Overall review: Very good Car. If you want a good low $30's car that is as good as most of the Cars in the $40,000 range buy the 300M Special!
Gets looks by A CarPoint Consumer on 08/15/2002. Trim: 2002 Chrysler 300M Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Overall review: A/C can be noisy and not as soundproof as I wish, but all in all a very nice ride.