2002 Ford Focus

Exceptional Value. A True Surprise! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/22/2008. Trim: 2002 Ford Focus ZTS, Owned 5 years.
Pros: -Great trunk space -Excellent acceleration (Not expected with a 130 hp 4 cyl.) -Good MPG -Adequate Interior -Comfortable Ride -Excellent Value
Cons: -Ugly, ugly, ugly. -Cupholders stick to your coffee mug -Ugly -Gauge display is pretty cheap -Ugly
Overall review: I can honestly say I was not expecting much out of this car but it has been a dream. After driving and riding in comparable 4 cyl. cars, I can say that none of them can match the excelleration and be around the same price. Very comfortable. You don't feel that crowded.
Great Car by Rainer from Spokane on 05/31/2007. Trim: 2002 Ford Focus ZX3, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like the good gas mileage.
Overall review: The car runs great and is very dependable, but can be too small if you have a family of 4 or more.
great by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/09/2004. Trim: 2002 Ford Focus ZX3, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: fun to drive!
Cons: acc kick in at lower rpm
Overall review: great car at a great price
Ford's Best Kept Secret.... by Paul in NoCo on 02/20/2004. Trim: 2002 Ford Focus SVT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great ride/handling compromise. Great engine sounds at higher revs; steering is very communicative. Suprisingly quiet on the hiway.
Cons: Cold blooded, engine stumbles till fully warmed up. Soft low end torque. Interior styling a little "odd" but seems to work well in actual use.
Overall review: Overall, this car has been a delight to own and drive. There have been few problems and the chassis has remained tight and rattle free in 30,000 miles of hard driving. Probably the best Ford product I have ever owned, and a very good car by any standard. It puts a smile on my face everytime I take a corner much faster than I think I should go, all without drama or understeer. Quite an accomplishment for a front driver.
Great economical transportation. by LibraryLady from Ashley, Ohio on 01/02/2004. Trim: 2002 Ford Focus ZTS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Economy (purchase price and gas mileage). Interior space: I am tall and big and there is LOTS of head, leg and elbow room in this little car, and it is easy to enter and exit. Acceleration is very good in the ZTS model.
Cons: Road noise. Have to turn the CD player up rather loud, and there are no rear speakers. Not much leg room in the back seat.
Overall review: I'm quite happy with this economical car. I commute an hour each way to work and it is comfortable and affordable transportation. I am aware of the questions about reliability of the Ford Focus, and all I can say is that my 2002 model is over 30,000 miles already and I have had no problems with it at all.